Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why do most people hate TouchWiz?

I honestly don't find any problems with it... Not sure if it's because I am more of a samsung person than anything else, But can someone who dislikes Touchwiz tell me why you dislike it?

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.
    Dnoravian likes this.

Default Re: Why do most people hate TouchWiz?

Don't know either... It's quite fine for me. Sure, it's not as customizable as others and some people claim it's slow and laggy, but it gets the job done IMHO.
    Thanked by:
    Dnoravian likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Don't know either... It's quite fine for me. Sure, it's not as customizable as others and some people claim it's slow and laggy, but it gets the job done IMHO.
    Yea, They really did Improve with the Note 3 tho

I think it's just a force of habit, now... People hate it because they have to, they don't really know why, they just follow along :P
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    I think it's just a force of habit, now... People hate it because they have to, they don't really know why, they just follow along :P
    Hehe yeah seems like it

From what I read it introduces lag. Sure its small most of the time, but some people cant handle that. Coming from a now 2 year old phone, I think the "lag" will be fine with me, but I also want to customize my screens more than the 4x4 will allow.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    I honestly don't find any problems with it... Not sure if it's because I am more of a samsung person than anything else, But can someone who dislikes Touchwiz tell me why you dislike it?

I think that it the bad feeling is carried over from earlier versions of Touchwiz, like the version found on the Galaxy S series and the Behold II. I can appreciate Touchwiz more now than I could in the past, but I still prefer the responsiveness of stock Android devices.

I find that touchwiz wastes too much screen space because of the grid spacing implemented. With Nova, and other launchers I presume, you can customize your screen grid to your liking.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.

Anything great comes with hate but Touchwiz like every OS has its drawbacks. Some more than others depending on the person because everyone is different.

TBH I'm just grateful to have the outstanding technology we have today. I'm young and barely can remember the age of the VCR but I am still very grateful and appreciative. We are so spoiled today..to hear some people complain about waiting 0.5 seconds for a webpage to load,lol. I mean sheesh #FirstWorldProblems.

Touchwiz can be laggy with all the features it packs in but I rather have something that separates my device from others than not. IOS and Stock Android literally has nothing going on and are personally boring to me but some prefer the lightening speed!
    Thanked by 3:
    alhc78, JoeyyNY and Daemous like this.

No customizable grid. I don't need huge icons with limited page space.

I think TW is pretty cool, overall. I wish Samsung would slow down for just a minute and optimize TW instead of throwing more and more and more gimmicks into it.
    If it were refined just a bit, it could be be best skin ever.
    iOS and Android are BOTH great. iPhone 3, 3GS, 4, 4s, 5, 5c, 5S, LG Optimus G Pro, S3, S4, Note 3, Moto X..
    Currently using LG G2, Note 3 and Nokia 520 WP8
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Misparkle8shine View Post
    Anything great comes with hate but Touchwiz like every OS has its drawbacks. Some more than others depending on the person because everyone is different.

TBH I'm just grateful to have the outstanding technology we have today. I'm young and barely can remember the age of the VCR but I am still very grateful and appreciative. We are so spoiled today..to hear some people complain about waiting 0.5 seconds for a webpage to load,lol. I mean sheesh #FirstWorldProblems.

Touchwiz can be laggy with all the features it packs in but I rather have something that separates my device from others than not. IOS and Stock Android literally has nothing going on and are personally boring to me but some prefer the lightening speed!
    This.

I think itīs ugly, I especially dislike the square icons, the general colour palette and the shade of blue used through the system. My problem with TouchWiz is purely aesthetic at this point. I havenīt used the latest version on the GS4 and company, but I think I may not like the excess of features. But I reserve judgement until actually using it. All this is just personal preference and we all have the right to that. I love the simplicity of stock Android (I have a Nexus 7), and looking very closely at what the Nexus 5 (should that be its name). There are people who think stock Android is too plain.

Itīs all subjective.

Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

The cartoonish UI and the dreaded LAG which touchwhiz enables is the reason many have developed passionate hate for Touchwhiz.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I don't think it's hated as much as forums, and the so called "professional reviewers" make it out to seem. After all, Samsung has sold millions upon millions of phones worldwide, and the vast majority obviously like it or their product line would suffer on account of it.

That's not to say it's for everybody, but then again that's why the Android platform is so nice because each individual has options to change up things which are not easily accessible on the other OS'.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post

I don't hate it. But my past experience with it on the Note1 & 2 was that it was very boring and has little customization. I'm looking forward to see if there are improvements in the Note 3 when I get it. If not enough, I will be back to GO Launcher in a split second. Touch Wiz just doesn't do enough.
    Elly44
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by dc9super80 View Post
    I think itīs ugly, I especially dislike the square icons, the general colour palette and the shade of blue used through the system. My problem with TouchWiz is purely aesthetic at this point. I havenīt used the latest version on the GS4 and company, but I think I may not like the excess of features. But I reserve judgement until actually using it. All this is just personal preference and we all have the right to that. I love the simplicity of stock Android (I have a Nexus 7), and looking very closely at what the Nexus 5 (should that be its name). There are people who think stock Android is too plain.

Itīs all subjective.
    Opinions is what makes people want to improve. Aslong as this does not turn out Into a war about UI and softwares then opinions are welcomed..

dc9super80 likes this.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Etios View Post
    The cartoonish UI and the dreaded LAG which touchwhiz enables is the reason many have developed passionate hate for Touchwhiz.
    They did improve it :thumbup:

For me, it's the stuttering when you move between home screens for the first time. I've been able to reproduce it on pretty much every Toichwiz Qualcomm phone I've used. Odd thing is that it didn't present itself on the Note II where it had the Exynos chip. Other wise, it's all good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I don't think it's hated as much as forums, and the so called "professional reviewers" make it out to seem. After all, Samsung has sold millions upon millions of phones worldwide, and the vast majority obviously like it or their product line would suffer on account of it.

That's not to say it's for everybody, but then again that's why the Android platform is so nice because each individual has options to change up things which are not easily accessible on the other OS'.
    I think you hit it on the head there. Touchwiz is not hated by the majority, but most likely 'loved' by the millions of Samsung users across the world. I'd say that that the Touchwiz skin is perceived as 'Android' by many and those same people would be surprised a the bare bones Nexus experience as lacking functionality and features that attract the users. We have to remember that when Samsung advertise their mobiles, its the features of Touchwiz that they promote the most, and its those same features that bring consumers in their millions to purchase their devices and then return for some more when their contract ends.

Criticising Touchwiz is seen on forums and mobile reviews, but this is a very select group of people. Indeed, even those who root and install roms on their device are often reluctant to lose some of the Touchwiz functionality i.e multi windows and some of the other so-called 'gimmicky stuff' that samsung bring to the software.
    Thanked by 2:
    akdj and Teemu2 like this.

I just don't like the samsung apps that replace the cleaner more streamlined stock apps. My first android phone was a touchwiz phone (Galaxy S2 Skyrocket) it was a buggy, confusing, bloated mess. Almost made me miss my previous iphone but once I started using Nexus/GPE devices I really liked Android.

Touchwiz is just so boring to look at, but still better than ios.
    Thanked by:
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nguyen2 View Post
    Touchwiz is just so boring to look at, but still better than ios.
    What makes it boring to look at?

Rockin' Galaxy Note 8.0&Galaxy Note 3

Well I use to like it ... Ive used it going on 3 years now ..Gs3 and Note 2. Now I've joined the I hate touchwiz pack ... I love the features it brings.. I do!... But touchwiz is now to me clunky and slow... It looks too .....(lack of words) loud, colorful, and it's not put together well... It's sloppy.. stuttering, caller ID pictures out of wack, it's to in the way.. Samsung needs to trim it down and clean it up like HTC did with sense 5 ...it too use to be clunky and overbearing like touchwiz

I had my note 3 on pre order and while waiting I started testing other options..

LG g2...and my girl had the optimus G It's fast as hell. It's also too colorful but it's not as sloppy as touchwiz.. it's crisp and clean screen animations..

The I played with the HTC one... It was over! I cancelled my note 3 pre order .. sense 5 is well put together... It's not in the way.. it's fast..very adult looking (grown man feel) sense 5 really gives you an ios feel in terms of the entire UI being in sync on an android device .for me it's no longer about how many features you can cram in a phone it's about the user experience. it took me to leave Samsung to see the user experience on touchwiz isn't great. They're trying to do too much and not focusing on doing a few things right

I will miss many touchwiz features but it needs a serious make over ... Hope I see it on the Gs5

Posted via Android Central App

I prefer to keep the Touchwiz framework and use a different home launcher like Nova. I keep Touchwiz because I like some of the extra features (Note 3 you need TW to use the S-Pen stuff) and then currently I'm using Nova to customize my layout the way I like it.
    karsdroid likes this.
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast