Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cubicledad
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - ATT root exploit?

Just wondering if anyone has found a root method for ATT yet. I got my note yesterday and i cant wait to root it.

Global Posts
    2,560 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - ATT root exploit?

Quote Originally Posted by spectre1006 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has found a root method for ATT yet. I got my note yesterday and i cant wait to root it.
    It was just released recently, nobody can find an exploit in that amount of time. It also has a locked boot loader, so currently your hopes of rooting it are slim
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    It was just released recently, nobody can find an exploit in that amount of time. It also has a locked boot loader, so currently your hopes of rooting it are slim
    that is a shame... wish i knew that. i was hoping for more flexiblility with ATT... i should of picked vzw and got my companies unlimited data.

Verizon is in the same boat. T-Mobile is the only US carrier with an unlocked bootloader.

Posted via Android Central App

Petition is UP on CHANGE.ORG! This is the FIRST wave of the drive to get AT&T's attention.

Consider: Who are the first people someone asks when considering a new phone, and upgrade, or a change of carriers? It's US, that's who. I think it's time to make AT&T aware of just how much influence we have, and how much we can affect their bottom line.

In addition to signing the Change.org pettion here:

Please join this campaign: http://chn.ge/192KeHy

we need a blitz on AT&T's Social Media Pages on FaceBook

https://www.facebook.com/ATT

and we need to make our voice heard at Samsung, who, as a partner to AT&T, may have additional influence when they know that THEIR business will be affected as well.

https://www.facebook.com/SamsungMobile

Go to these sites, and blitz the wall with this line: AT&T: Unlock OUR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Bootloader! or Samsung: Please ask AT&T to Unlock OUR Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Bootloader!

So if ever there was a time to make a stand, and be heard, it's now. When Asus locked the Prime and later the Infinity Tablets, a huge number of signatures came in via several of the Online Petition Sites. It worked and it worked fast, getting an agreement for a bootloader unlock tool (along with an agreement to waive your warranty) within weeks.

Granted AT&T is a LOT larger of a company than ASUS, but if the right language were used (non-threatening, but making it VERY CLEAR that this will, on several levels, hurt business) I suspect there is a small chance it would fall on some sympathetic ears in AT&T. Whether there is any real chance, who the heck knows. I strongly doubt that ANYTHING would change their stance on this and just garner an unlocked bootloader, but it could be productive to ASK for an unlocker, if we were willing to waive warranty. After all, what do they have to lose?

Some of us are, unfortunately not financially equipped to run out and get a T-Mobile N3.

The fact that they have had this policy for just over a month or so tells me it's now or never to make the voice of our community heard. Can I get a consensus? I am no "do-gooder" or mr. "We can change the world" but I would be willing to research the language required to make an impression, speak with an attorney friend and get the ball rolling. Who's with me? anyone?

EDIT: 3.5 hours later - I am encouraged:
    Okay - so thanks to most of you for at least being willing to give this our names, and agreement that we refuse to take this BS quitely. Will they change it? I don't know, and I have a healthy skepticism that it won't change a damn thing. But at least we will voice our anger and get the message to the ***** that think this is good policy. And there remains the possiblity that this reaches intelligent life where decisions are made. I can guarantee you is we just grumble and sulk about it, or even go elsewhere with our business without showing WHY we did it, then not only will nothing change, but the same a$$es that made this call will be coming up with more ways to screw with us. Still feel like its a waste of time? Is less than 2 minutes to sign a petition too much trouble? Well then just prepare to accept whatever they want to take away next.

I am doing this. I will post here when it is set up over the weekend. Please make this a chance to be heard, regardless of the outcome or lack of one. Thanks for being willing. That's all I needed to hear.

Yay, 'merica!

dontlookatme likes this.

AT&T doesn't care. Nothing will change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
    Sent from a Galaxy S2 Far Far Away...

Quote Originally Posted by pachi72 View Post
    AT&T doesn't care. Nothing will change.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk now Free
    just like Verizon. they know most of us will just take it as is. only a few people (us android fans) will try do anything about it. which is not a large number.

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

Hang in there guys! The att gs4 has been rooted and has recovery (do a YouTube search). Just a matter of time before the n900a is rooted In the meantime enjoy touchwiz! LoL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

Posted on XDA two days ago: Root de la Vega [SM-N900A Only] named after Ralph de la Vega, CEO of AT&T Mobility

Don't forget to add a share for Google+.

Quote Originally Posted by zach_alt View Post
    Verizon is in the same boat. T-Mobile is the only US carrier with an unlocked bootloader.

Yep. Rooted mine .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.