Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - How do you use S voice commands when screen is off

I tried saying hi galaxy and it doesn't work when the screen is off. Also none of the gimmicky gestures work. Even when I turn them on.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - How do you use S voice commands when screen is off

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    I tried saying hi galaxy and it doesn't work when the screen is off. Also none of the gimmicky gestures work. Even when I turn them on.
    Ah, I thought it was just my pronouncing skills. Nice to know it really doesn't work.

I don't know which gestures you are referring to, but at least the "reach to see quick glimpse of received messages/calls" works. I don't know if I tested it somehow wrong, but in the teaching mode I had to slide my hand from the bottom towards the top for it to work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Where is the teaching mode located
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Quote Originally Posted by semp1 View Post
    Where is the teaching mode located
    Just press the text part of the option in the settings?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thank you

Posted via Android Central App
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Go on the S-voice app > Settings > Wake up command [checked], Voice wake-up [On]
    Thanked by 2:
    diasmall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by t0nyb12 View Post
    Go on the S-voice app > Settings > Wake up command [checked], Voice wake-up [On]
    Yes, but the feature doesn't work here.

Posted via Note3

Works well for me, what version of the phone do you have , I was under the impression it would only work for snapdragon models

Go to settings control=check allow voice control (use voice to control device)
    Then set s voice to wake up When screen is off in s voice settings.

Yes, Im not so incompetent that I wouldn't have already tried all the settings in the S Voice and in the phone. "Hi galaxy" works in the S Voice program, but not when the screenlock is active.

Sent using Note3

I noticed that "Hi Galaxy" doesn't work when the screen is on. I figured they just expect you to use the double tap.

I'm having the same issue. Been playing with all the feature and can not get into S Voice by saying Hi Galaxy when the phone is on sleep. All other voice commands work fine.
    I have the Verizon Note 3 and Wake up command [checked], Voice wake-up [On].

Anyone on Verizon version able to use this? Is this one of Verizon blocks?

On the lock screen you need you it set to swipe. There will then be a setting to "Wake up in lock screen". This should be turned on.

No, what you need to do is add the S Voice to the administrators in the security settings.

Sent using Note3
    Thanked by:
    ggonz 

Quote Originally Posted by shoefreak03 View Post
    I'm having the same issue. Been playing with all the feature and can not get into S Voice by saying Hi Galaxy when the phone is on sleep. All other voice commands work fine.
    I have the Verizon Note 3 and Wake up command [checked], Voice wake-up [On].

Anyone on Verizon version able to use this? Is this one of Verizon blocks?
    it works find on my Verizon note 3 I use it all the time

Got help about this from another forum.
    This actually help fix the problem for me. I didn't change any setting after doing this and it works when the screen is off.
    Maybe it will help others.

" Try turning off your phone, taking out the battery for at least 30 seconds, replace the battery, and turn the phone back on. It worked for me, as I had the settings checked as well prior to doing the battery pull."
    Credit goes to BrentBridge for this...
    ggonz likes this.

You do realize this only works when:
    1. Phone is locked AND
    2. Screen is off

Won't work when you're on the lock screen!

- - - Updated - - -

1. Phone is locked AND
    2. Screen is off

"Hi Galaxy" works almost too good for me.

The radio wakes it up, people in the check-out line wake it up, conversations wake it up, YouTube videos wake it up.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Just to clarify. In S VOICE settings... There is a slider for voice wake up. If you tap that, there is an additional setting for wake up in secured lock.

Is there anything I need to set? Other than the one in control settings.

*looks like the oem cover prevents s voice from working.
    Last edited by rijc99; 12-19-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Stein View Post
    1. Phone is locked AND
    2. Screen is off

- - - Updated - - -

1. Phone is locked AND
    2. Screen is off

Mine works with the lock screen on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

I am particularly interested in getting s vice to work with the screen locked by s view cover. Even with the physical button double tap on the headset this seems to be impossible

mine works no problem .. verizon, no flip cover. works when screen is off, very reliably. my unlock is a pattern. works in hands free mode and not. let me know if I can tell you anything specific about my settings. I use it in both it's own hands-free mode (simplified) and 'regular' mode (for lack of a better term, or non-hands-free). I do have some of the air gestures set to work and they do as well, e.g. swipe hand upward along screen from bottom to top several inches above the screen when phone is off to see a quick summary status. Only thing I've noticed there is that the phone needs to be 'at rest', e.g, on a desk, for some period of time unknown to me..it doesn't work if I turn off the screen and am holding the phone right after that (probably to prevent 'accidental' triggers of this function).

When in screen lock S Voice can not wake up the galaxy note 3.... However. If you have a galaxy gear watch within proximity of the phone you can set the gear to autolock (which locks the phone when out of proximity) and which also auto unlocks the phone (when in proximity). When in proximity the phone is in the auto lock state and Hi Galaxy will awaken the phone. You may then use voice commands as PLAY MUSIC etc...
    Also if the phone is in a case as the Otter case - which I use. As long as the gear is near the phone it is not locked by the pattern and you can simply press the screen on button while it is on your belt and talk S commands ex.
    Open / Launch / Play music, launch browser, message "dad", call "susan", while playing music Volume up Volume Down Next Previous
    Last edited by troyk9; 01-18-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Breathe... you'll feel better!
    GalaxyNote3/S4;RazrHD/Maxx;Droid3/2;Z6c/tv;E815;V710;V60s/i;EricssonT39m;StarTac7868/7860;MicroTacElite;UltraClassic II

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Its unfortunate that it will not work with the OEM flipcover.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast