Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Default Re: Tempered glass screen protector

I read some reviews of earlier versions of the Spigen Glas.t
    Seems like there were quite a few reports of situations where the protector seemed great in the beginning, but then started peeling off a few days or weeks or months later.
    Does anyone have a feel for how common this is, or have the products improved with recent variants? Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I also don't want to buy an expensive protector only to have it peel off shortly after!

Every screen protector will peel over time. None of them are permanent adhesive so they will lift at the corners and get dirt and lint under them. It will happen, its just a matter of time.
    Thanked by:

This is what I Ordered..
    Tempered glass screen protector-gnote3_screen_protector_glas.tr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    When my memi shattered it was all stuck together somehow,, it does not crumble into lose pieces. Screen was perfectly fine

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!
    That's what tempered means. Same reason windows and windshields in cars don't splinter everywhere. Safety.

Posted via Android Central App

Temperd glass can't peel. It's a solid piece of glass. All I can speak for is memi and the one that's on my note 2 now has been on for quite a long time and it still looks perfect.

love my evo.
    AgentScribe likes this.

Anyone who has never installed a glass protector let's me give you a tip, you get one shot to make it perfect.. First one I ever bought I lifted it after I put it on and it was flawed from then on so I just purchased another one. I watched a video on how to do it,, Steamy bathroom.... There is no dust in a Steamy bathroom. Line it up holding it with a finger on each side,, get it close to the screen,, and drop it. If you are anal and you see it a smige off to the left or right and only you could notice it,, don't lift it, leave it..

love my evo.
    Thanked by 3:
    Wiley_11 likes this.

I purchased my ghost armor yesterday and initial review shortly after installing was pen was not working well. Today after drying overnight pen working great with zero issues

Plus in a matte finish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Anyone who has never installed a glass protector let's me give you a tip, you get one shot to make it perfect.. First one I ever bought I lifted it after I put it on and it was flawed from then on so I just purchased another one. I watched a video on how to do it,, Steamy bathroom.... There is no dust in a Steamy bathroom. Line it up holding it with a finger on each side,, get it close to the screen,, and drop it. If you are anal and you see it a smige off to the left or right and only you could notice it,, don't lift it, leave it..
    This may help with alignment.......

Thanked by:
    spinkick and zmann like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley_11 View Post
    This may help with alignment.......

Tempered glass screen protector can't be bent when installing, that's why you just have to line up and drop.

love my evo.

Tempered glass screen protector can't be bent when installing, that's why you just have to line up and drop.
    I think it would work if just lay it over all the way (so the bottom of the screen protector is facing up) and peel the film off and then flip it back on phone. I would tape the whole *hinge* side also.

I see you ordered batteries. Do you know if the NFC chip is in the battery or the cover?

I am definitely going to give that a shot. Your right,, the technique probably would work in the same manner

love my evo.

I think it would work if just lay it over all the way (so the bottom of the screen protector is facing up) and peel the film off and then flip it back on phone. I would tape the whole *hinge* side also.

I see you ordered batteries. Do you know if the NFC chip is in the battery or the cover?
    It's definitely not on the cover,, as far as battery goes I can't find the info. No matter,, if these batteries are no good for nfc then no biggie,, I did not pay more than 5 bucks for them.. That brand had one great review after another.. I doubt it's in the battery anyway.

love my evo.
    Thanked by:
    Wiley_11 likes this.

It's definitely not on the cover,, as far as battery goes I can't find the info. No matter,, if these batteries are no good for nfc then no biggie,, I did not pay more than 5 bucks for them.. That brand had one great review after another.. I doubt it's in the battery anyway.
    Thanks. Just wondering, I haven't read anything about NFC chip on this phone.

Thanks. Just wondering, I haven't read anything about NFC chip on this phone.
    If it is then I will just buy a stock battery if the ones I have coming are no good. That's a very good question

love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    10% Promo code for iloome.com - PBPQW75A (from XDA forums)
    Code is still working working today 10/8

If it is then I will just buy a stock battery if the ones I have coming are no good. That's a very good question

NFC is on the battery. Use OEM if that matters to you.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2
    zmann likes this.

Thought I had posted this already but didn't see it in the thread. Anybody else waiting on them to ship? I received this email via Amazon from iLoome four days ago.

------------- Begin message -------------

Dear Valued Customer,

First of all, I’d like to thank you for your purchase of ScreenMate Tempered Glass for the LG G2 and/or Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Your support means everything to us, and we’re happy to provide such a great product for your pleasure.

Currently, it was our plan to ship out your order October 11th (Monday). However, we must regretfully inform you that we are unable to ship out your order on that day, due to factory and courier issues. And for that we cannot apologize enough for the delay. We are extremely sorry that this happened.

We know how frustrating it is for delayed shipment of your order, no matter when you order it, and again, we are extremely sorry that this happened. At this time we would like to ask you for your patience and your understanding.

Your product will be shipped out on October 18th (Monday) rather than October 11th, regardless of when you have ordered. I will personally assure you that your products WILL BE SHIPPED and on the way out to you, or I will refund your order for the full amount.

We know we screwed up, and we are really sorry for the delay on your purchase. If you wish to cancel your order due to this delay, we completely understand - just let us know and we’ll process the cancellation of your order. If you’d still like to receive the product as purchased, we sincerely thank you for your patience and apologize for the delay.

Best regards and yours truly,
    Luke Lee

iloome Accessories

------------- End message -------------
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

I saw an install of a tempered glass screen protector using a small suction cup that seemed to work flawlessly, but can't seem to find the video again.

I might be blind, but all the SPIGEN Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass for Galaxy Note 3 have DISSAPPEARED!!

The only one I see are on Ebay for $48 and they are from England. ?????????

They were on Amazon, to pre-pay for delivery on the 10/10/13, but now they are gone completely.!!!!!

Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by cehowardS4 View Post
    I might be blind, but all the SPIGEN Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass for Galaxy Note 3 have DISSAPPEARED!!

The only one I see are on Ebay for $48 and they are from England. ?????????

They were on Amazon, to pre-pay for delivery on the 10/10/13, but now they are gone completely.!!!!!
    Amazon.com : SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Glass [GLAS.tR SLIM] Rounded Edges Tempered Glass Screen Protector Clear / Anti-Chip for Galaxy Note III - GLAS.tR SLIM : Electronics

Here you go.

Thanks Much..., I couldn't find it anywhere. Be that as it may, it is now ordered and at the $34.95 price..

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by timetopaythefiddler View Post
    I bought one of these for my S4. Ended up dropping the phone and shattering it. (The "protector" ) 😔

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    At least the phone screen didn't shatter

Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Do cases fit over these, with the extra thickness? Or can u fit them under the otterbox case to get rid of the annoying gap?

What he said^

Also any chance lifeproof will produce a case for us? I dunno anything about these cases except that from what i understand they are pretty minimalist and offer a handful of safety features including being waterproof
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast