Tempered glass screen protector

rchapman80

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the one from AT&T when I got the phone on Saturday. I never used screen protectors before because I always thought it messed with the touch screen and made the screen look dull.

I will admit that these tempered glass screen protectors have made me change my opinion. Yes they are more expensive than the plastic ones but man do they look good. Well worth any added cost.

On a side note, I've had this phone for 3 days now and I'm loving it. The screen is amazing. Was suspect of the touch wiz software due to all the negative reviews and comments and coming from stock android but I've not had an issue with it after a few teaks to the setup.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
mann $24 bux for shipping to canada??? anyone from Canada know where we can pick up some tempered glass screen protectors? who knows when Best Buy or carriers will get them!?

MisterMe11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
If the screen protector shatters due to a fall, could the fragments scratch the phone underneath? Or could the force of the impact break both the protector and the actual screen? I'm still a little wary of them. How much of an issue is there with case compatibility/fit if the tempered glass is on the phone? Thanks.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
If the screen protector shatters due to a fall, could the fragments scratch the phone underneath? Or could the force of the impact break both the protector and the actual screen? I'm still a little wary of them. How much of an issue is there with case compatibility/fit if the tempered glass is on the phone? Thanks.

When my memi shattered it was all stuck together somehow,, it does not crumble into lose pieces. Screen was perfectly fine

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

MisterMe11

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I read some reviews of earlier versions of the Spigen Glas.t
Seems like there were quite a few reports of situations where the protector seemed great in the beginning, but then started peeling off a few days or weeks or months later.
Does anyone have a feel for how common this is, or have the products improved with recent variants? Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I also don't want to buy an expensive protector only to have it peel off shortly after!

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Every screen protector will peel over time. None of them are permanent adhesive so they will lift at the corners and get dirt and lint under them. It will happen, its just a matter of time.

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
When my memi shattered it was all stuck together somehow,, it does not crumble into lose pieces. Screen was perfectly fine

That's what tempered means. Same reason windows and windshields in cars don't splinter everywhere. Safety.

Posted via Android Central App

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Temperd glass can't peel. It's a solid piece of glass. All I can speak for is memi and the one that's on my note 2 now has been on for quite a long time and it still looks perfect.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who has never installed a glass protector let's me give you a tip, you get one shot to make it perfect.. First one I ever bought I lifted it after I put it on and it was flawed from then on so I just purchased another one. I watched a video on how to do it,, Steamy bathroom.... There is no dust in a Steamy bathroom. Line it up holding it with a finger on each side,, get it close to the screen,, and drop it. If you are anal and you see it a smige off to the left or right and only you could notice it,, don't lift it, leave it..

ttexxan

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my ghost armor yesterday and initial review shortly after installing was pen was not working well. Today after drying overnight pen working great with zero issues

Plus in a matte finish

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone who has never installed a glass protector let's me give you a tip, you get one shot to make it perfect.. First one I ever bought I lifted it after I put it on and it was flawed from then on so I just purchased another one. I watched a video on how to do it,, Steamy bathroom.... There is no dust in a Steamy bathroom. Line it up holding it with a finger on each side,, get it close to the screen,, and drop it. If you are anal and you see it a smige off to the left or right and only you could notice it,, don't lift it, leave it..

This may help with alignment.......:D

How To: Perfectly Install a Screen Protector - Hinge Method - YouTube

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Tempered glass screen protector can't be bent when installing, that's why you just have to line up and drop.

I think it would work if just lay it over all the way (so the bottom of the screen protector is facing up) and peel the film off and then flip it back on phone. I would tape the whole *hinge* side also.

I see you ordered batteries. Do you know if the NFC chip is in the battery or the cover?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely going to give that a shot. Your right,, the technique probably would work in the same manner

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I think it would work if just lay it over all the way (so the bottom of the screen protector is facing up) and peel the film off and then flip it back on phone. I would tape the whole *hinge* side also.

I see you ordered batteries. Do you know if the NFC chip is in the battery or the cover?

It's definitely not on the cover,, as far as battery goes I can't find the info. No matter,, if these batteries are no good for nfc then no biggie,, I did not pay more than 5 bucks for them.. That brand had one great review after another.. I doubt it's in the battery anyway.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
It's definitely not on the cover,, as far as battery goes I can't find the info. No matter,, if these batteries are no good for nfc then no biggie,, I did not pay more than 5 bucks for them.. That brand had one great review after another.. I doubt it's in the battery anyway.

Thanks. Just wondering, I haven't read anything about NFC chip on this phone.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Just wondering, I haven't read anything about NFC chip on this phone.

If it is then I will just buy a stock battery if the ones I have coming are no good. That's a very good question

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira