Galaxy Note 3 - Brightness Changes While Viewing Internet Pages

phillymonster

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the T Mobile Note 3. I turned off auto brightness. However, I noticed that while I am surfing the net, brightness levels will slightly change and go bsck. Is my unit defective or is this something anyone else is experiencing?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If I remember cOrrectly the browser has its own brightness settings. Look in the browser settings

Posted via Android Central App

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have the T Mobile Note 3. I turned off auto brightness. However, I noticed that while I am surfing the net, brightness levels will slightly change and go bsck. Is my unit defective or is this something anyone else is experiencing?

I believe you have "Reading Mode" on..

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.

anthonok

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Happens on the att version as well. All settings off that could affect the screen. No auto brightness, no reading mode, no adjust display, no auto adjust screen tone. Doesn't happen just in Stock browser as I don't even use the stock browser I use Chrome.

Bobby_Phoenix

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It's a built-in safety feature. You can have all the settings off, and it will still do it. What happens is when the temp of the phone goes above 90F the phone will automatically dim the screen to help cool things off. Once it's cool enough the brightness will go back up. There's nothing you can do about it. It's a Samsung thing.

daveappen

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Happens on the att version as well. All settings off that could affect the screen. No auto brightness, no reading mode, no adjust display, no auto adjust screen tone. Doesn't happen just in Stock browser as I don't even use the stock browser I use Chrome.

Do you have power saving mode enabled? And with that, do you have the screen power saving option checked? I think this will dim the display in certain apps...

Andrew Waggoner

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
This is it!!! Thank you so much! I love my Note 3, but this stupid, very slight, change in the picture was so irritating! It says it's to save power....then it should be only part of the power saving mode! Anyway, this definitely fixed it! If you're having an issue with the screen becoming just slightly dimmer and you've already turned off the auto brightness and the brightness is full, this is your answer!!!!

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the Verizon variant and am plagued with the dimming issue as well. Verizon service tech couldn't replicate the issue, nor had heard of it, but she suggested using automatic setting to see if issue resolves itself as they didn't see anything else wrong with my phone. I don't like auto display because I like one constant brightness.

from "Ms Note 3"

Cassie Benz

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
You need to go into the display settings on the phone and disable 'Auto Adjust Screen Tone'.

You are smarter than att technical support. I can't tell you how many times I called about this issue and they never resolved it. They even remoted into my phone. I ended up being sent a "certified like New" pos. I'm now on my 5th cln. After about a month they start having problems. No matter how much I complain and ask for supervisor I can't seem to get a new phone like I originally paid for.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
That the only reason I don't want to send my phone in because I don't want a refurb that will probably have same issue because it's probably from the original crop of phones.

from "Ms Note 3"

david prince2014

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
please kindly help me i have Galaxy Note 3 before restoring it when i boot it dispalyed/welcoming note was sumsang galaxy note 3 but after restore it chaged to anroid what can i do to change it again to display sumsang galaxy note 3 as welcoming note again pliz?

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Can you upload a picture? I think more info is needed. Also, did you attempt to root your phone? This thread is referring to screen brightness and dimming issues.

from "Ms Note 3"

billu561

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Suddenly I bought tab 3 10.1 and its brightness is also automatically gets low and high I turned off auto adjust is this hardware problem