Two quick questions

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I was able to play with an AT&T Note 3 at Best Buy tonight, and I am about 90% sold on it. I installed Nova Launcher, an icon pack, and disabled some built-in apps. It all took less than five minutes and it really helped me fall even more in love with the device (never fear- I restored all the defaults before leaving). I only have two quick questions:

-I am lookinhg for an unlocked GSM/LTE version for the US, to run on Straight Talk's AT&T network. Does Samsung sell developer editions like HTC did with the One?

-Is there anyway to change the double press of the home button to open Google Now, rather than S-Voice? If I could forget that S-Voice existed that would be preferred.

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was able to play with an AT&T Note 3 at Best Buy tonight, and I am about 90% sold on it. I installed Nova Launcher, an icon pack, and disabled some built-in apps. It all took less than five minutes and it really helped me fall even more in love with the device (never fear- I restored all the defaults before leaving). I only have two quick questions:

-I am lookinhg for an unlocked GSM/LTE version for the US, to run on Straight Talk's AT&T network. Does Samsung sell developer editions like HTC did with the One?

-Is there anyway to change the double press of the home button to open Google Now, rather than S-Voice? If I could forget that S-Voice existed that would be preferred.

I use Google Now with a single home button press and just disabled s voice on the double home press

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about changing the double home press, but with Nova Launcher, you can assign a long-press of the Menu button to any app. One tricky thing is that Google Now isn't an app in itself--it's a feature of Google Search. If you assign Google Search to the Menu button long-press, then you essentially get all of the Google Now cards, but you don't get the Google Now banner at the top.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos