Google Now and Note 3 Question

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
So on my Note 2 with Google Now, I simply held the left bottom button (not sure what it's called...beside the Home button) to pull up Google Search, which also contained my Google Now cards. With the Note 3, it's a different search, maybe some Samsung search bar, I don't know.

In any case, does anyone have info on how to switch that to contain the Google Search bar and Google Now, or is there another quick way to get there?

Thanks!

garciaop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
i notice the same thing and is kind of annoying for me so since i always use wave launcher which let me open any app that i choose from swiping my finger up from the home button so i decided to put google now in there and i do think thats the fastest wy to get to google now for me

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
i notice the same thing and is kind of annoying for me so since i always use wave launcher which let me open any app that i choose from swiping my finger up from the home button so i decided to put google now in there and i do think thats the fastest wy to get to google now for me

Just ended up placing Google Search app shortcut on my home screen. One press and I'm there, so I guess that will do.

Posted via Android Central App

hypokondriak

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I put on Home2 Shortcut and re-mapped the double click to open Google.

What drives me nuts though is getting to voice recognition is a pain with this phone where it was really easy with the iPhone.

iPhone:

1. Long hold Home button (even if the device has swipe lock)
2. Start voice commands

Android:

1. Press home button to wake device
2. Swipe to unlock
3. Double click home button to launch remapped Google Now
4. Say Ok Google
5. Start voice commands

4 steps to get to this seems silly to me. If someone has any advice as to how I can get to Google Now directly from the lock screen that would be great. Hopefully I'm just an ***** and there is an easier way. Ideal would be a long hold of one of the physical buttons.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I wish I knew more about the Touchwiz default lock screen. I use widget locker as my lock screen and just swipe up and it opens Google Now.

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I put on Home2 Shortcut and re-mapped the double click to open Google.

What drives me nuts though is getting to voice recognition is a pain with this phone where it was really easy with the iPhone.

iPhone:

1. Long hold Home button (even if the device has swipe lock)
2. Start voice commands

Android:

1. Press home button to wake device
2. Swipe to unlock
3. Double click home button to launch remapped Google Now
4. Say Ok Google
5. Start voice commands

4 steps to get to this seems silly to me. If someone has any advice as to how I can get to Google Now directly from the lock screen that would be great. Hopefully I'm just an ***** and there is an easier way. Ideal would be a long hold of one of the physical buttons.

Tried this, but I initially disabled the double click for S Voice as it makes pressing the Home button a bit snappier. Between the two, I'd rather keep the double click disabled.

Posted via Android Central App

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
My Google Now works from the menu button on it's own. If I hold the button down longer then S Finder pops up. Not sure what I did for it to work, but I know I disabled that S Voice crap on day one.

Tamashii4

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
You can reduce that to basically the same amount of time, if you enable shortcuts on your lockscreen and place google now there it will be:

1. Press home key/power button to wake device
2. swipe up from the google now logo and as you move your thumb up you can finish that motion by tapping the mic at the end (time wise, this doesn't actually count as a third step to me)

I would prefer it if i could just hold the menu button because it is slower if you already unlocked your device, also, i never ever use samsungs replacement for the google now activation

Alain_A

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So on my Note 2 with Google Now, I simply held the left bottom button (not sure what it's called...beside the Home button) to pull up Google Search, which also contained my Google Now cards. With the Note 3, it's a different search, maybe some Samsung search bar, I don't know.

In any case, does anyone have info on how to switch that to contain the Google Search bar and Google Now, or is there another quick way to get there?

Thanks!

yep it is to search in the file of your phone

Jstars

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Mat,

So on my Note 2 with Google Now, I simply held the left bottom button (not sure what it's called...beside the Home button) to pull up Google Search, which also contained my Google Now cards

Oh yeah ... you saved my life. I disabled the swipe up, but wanted some unobtrusive way to bring up Google Now (and search) ...
That what's-its-name soft key next to home key when long pressed is just perfect.

Wish I had A Gnote3 .. but am waiting for Gnote4 so that's OK.

Thanks again ..

J

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7