T-mobile wifi calling - oli attached to incoming calls

zoomob

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
When I receive a call on wifi calling, at the end of each number there is a ;oli=63 attached. What is this and how can i remove it?

It does not happen when i am not on wifi calling. ...

jayp1306

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Not that I have the same issue, but I'm on tmo and have no issues with the wifi calling. I use it all the time. Texting over wifi tho, that's a different story! Every text I get is a duplicate....

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

zoomob

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. .. The calls work fine for me also but incoming numbers have those digits attached so i don't recognize the phone numbers since they are not in the address book because of the extra digits.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like wifi calling may be bugged... That sucks because I rely on that feature when at home :eek:.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to turn off the wifi calling last night, as I had the same issue. Also the call would end as soon as I used the wifi for anything else.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I hope they fix this... I was going to go pick up my Note 3 today but if this is a common issue I'll have to hold off. I am good around town.. Even in my driveway... But in my house no cell service so I rely on wifi calling for cell service at home.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got my Note 3 and surprisingly I have no issues with this.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

rmadrid20

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Weird, every time somebody call me they hear like an duck trying to talk when im connected with my wifi lol

Bryan Bennett

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue with Note 3. I just called Tmobile...Here's a "Quick Fix" for internet connection & non Wifi cellular connection simultaneously.
This is NOT a solution, but it helps for now if you have cell service where you use wifi.
(If you have decent cell service where you have wifi this will help) This will take calling OFF of Wifi to receive calls non Wifi &
will also connect phone to Wifi Internet simultaneously by splitting connection.
Call Tmobile with feedback on anymore issues, as they are now aware & working to fix this problem.
STEPS ------
1) Menu
2) Settings
3) More Networks
4) Wi-Fi Calling
5) Connection Preferences
6) Cellular Network Preferred

After changing settings, give it a few mins, then try calling phone from another
phone, cell service will be on cellular signal.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Having the same issue with Note 3. I just called Tmobile...Here's a "Quick Fix" for internet connection & non Wifi cellular connection simultaneously.
This is NOT a solution, but it helps for now if you have cell service where you use wifi.
(If you have decent cell service where you have wifi this will help) This will take calling OFF of Wifi to receive calls non Wifi &
will also connect phone to Wifi Internet simultaneously by splitting connection.
Call Tmobile with feedback on anymore issues, as they are now aware & working to fix this problem.
STEPS ------
1) Menu
2) Settings
3) More Networks
4) Wi-Fi Calling
5) Connection Preferences
6) Cellular Network Preferred

After changing settings, give it a few mins, then try calling phone from another
phone, cell service will be on cellular signal.
I am on Tmobile and I just checked the setting as you stated and I have the connection set to wifi preferred. I made a couple of calls with the wifi call activated and did not get any message at the end of the number. In regards to the texting problem Jayp1306 is having, I get no double text either. I would be inclined to believe it has more to do with caller ID ?.... if you have the service.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Not that I have the same issue, but I'm on tmo and have no issues with the wifi calling. I use it all the time. Texting over wifi tho, that's a different story! Every text I get is a duplicate....

I am using Textra for messages and I am not having the problem you are experiencing, are you using the stock messanger perhaps ?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can receive text messages over Wifi ?

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, it's for real.

T-Mobile's WiFi calling allow you to call and text via wifi instead of cell signal. I have barley 1 bar at home so I use WiFi calling for my cell service. It's great :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

jbyrd5307

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
They say they have been aware of issue, since Oct. 10th. They are working on a patch to send OTA as soon as possible. It's annoying as hell. Especially for something as simple as this for such a great device. I guess it's just the waiting game now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance