New to Android & also a Mac User

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I absolutely love my Note 3 a few times fold i loved my iPhone. However, i'm just having issues... from left to right, and would just like some help to resolve.

1. I had the whole iMessage issue where i wasn't getting text. It's resolved, but now my friends are saying when they text me that the message fails as an iMessage first and they get an option to send as text. Some folks delete our conversations and is able to just begin with a new slate sending text and issue is resolved. Some folks had to just turn of iMessage completely, and some aren't willing to delete 5 years of conversations. Any thoughts on how i can help my friends?

2. Android File Transfer was working great yesterday (BTW, i have OSX 10.9 Mavericks developer preview), and then today i'm getting this error of "If you're screen is locked, disconnect the USB....."
  • Note that what's changed was that i installed Kies. I googled and saw that it won't work with this app. I uninstall using the kies uninstall app, but now i have this issue
  • I've also tried to change my device to connect as "media device" and "Camera"

Also, it would be nice to just get a yes no answer for the following questions:
  • Can you get widgets on your lockscreen with jellybeen 4.3?
  • Can we root our galaxy note 3 AT&T yet? any links?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

TeamPowerstroke

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I absolutely love my Note 3 a few times fold i loved my iPhone. However, i'm just having issues... from left to right, and would just like some help to resolve.

1. I had the whole iMessage issue where i wasn't getting text. It's resolved, but now my friends are saying when they text me that the message fails as an iMessage first and they get an option to send as text. Some folks delete our conversations and is able to just begin with a new slate sending text and issue is resolved. Some folks had to just turn of iMessage completely, and some aren't willing to delete 5 years of conversations. Any thoughts on how i can help my friends?

2. Android File Transfer was working great yesterday (BTW, i have OSX 10.9 Mavericks developer preview), and then today i'm getting this error of "If you're screen is locked, disconnect the USB....."
  • Note that what's changed was that i installed Kies. I googled and saw that it won't work with this app. I uninstall using the kies uninstall app, but now i have this issue
  • I've also tried to change my device to connect as "media device" and "Camera"

Also, it would be nice to just get a yes no answer for the following questions:
  • Can you get widgets on your lockscreen with jellybeen 4.3?
  • Can we root our galaxy note 3 AT&T yet? any links?

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Yes
No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

sprungson

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks TeamStroke! For your answer to the lock screen widget, i'm not seeing the option. I go to Settings>Device>Locked Sreen> and the option to customize widget is not there. I'm speculated this is because i have my phone connected to work exchange server and they require that i have a password on my device. Thoughts?
Yes
No

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

PastorDroid

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I am also a Mac user and I just got the Galaxy Note 3 yesterday from Sprint. To the best of my knowledge iMessage is not compatible with Android devices. You would have to use a third-party app like kik communicate with your friends using Apple mobile products if you want to save on texting.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool