Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I took a bunch of pictures with the Galaxy Gear watch, which has a 1.9 megapixel camera and I see no real difference between a lot of photos I've taken with an 8 megapixel camera. And yet.. I'm constantly being sold on the idea that I need more megapixels.... what am I missing?

20131005_134304.jpg

20131005_132128.jpg

20131005_175733.jpg

Also... after 11 hours, and heavy use on the Galaxy Gear... I have 26% battery left. I've used it to place calls, answer calls and send text messages. I also took over 50 photos.

Gadgetlover0408

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Nice to see real life reviews... I am excited to get the galaxy watch the pictures look amazing for a 1mp.. Thanks for the picture.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

rivencap

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
These look great! But they're taken outside, in sunlight. Start fiddling with different kind of light situations, you'll notice the difference fast. Plus, how big you want to blow the picture up even printing? An 8 megapixel is going to look better as a 5x7 or 8x10, then 1.9 megapixel. Hope this helps?

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > Samsung Galaxy Note line???

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll be honest. I haven't printed a picture in years. It seems these days all I do is take pictures and post them on social media sites for relatives to see... lol. I'll will take some indoors tonight and post them later.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I think the pictures are great. No camera is perfect for every situation.

Couldn't you just let the OP have his moment by sharing some nice looking photos for us to see without finding a way to be critical?

Posted via Android Central App

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
does it have autofocus? or fixed focus? if it does have a focus feature, does it take a while to focus or is it pretty quick? because they look great. the first image looks very nice.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
does it have autofocus? or fixed focus? if it does have a focus feature, does it take a while to focus or is it pretty quick? because they look great. the first image looks very nice.

It has autofocus. It seems to only take a second or so.

I picked up mine today, and I really like it. I took one picture of my daughter and I can figure out how to post it using this mobile app of AC I'll share with you all what I think is a pretty nice feature to have available all the time.

Posted via Android Central App

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I took a bunch of pictures with the Galaxy Gear watch, which has a 1.9 megapixel camera and I see no real difference between a lot of photos I've taken with an 8 megapixel camera. And yet.. I'm constantly being sold on the idea that I need more megapixels.... what am I missing?

It's not just the number of pixels, the size and quality of the sensor and the quality of the lens also matter. I have several high end DSLRs, and an older DSLR, the older one is only 6 MP (the newer ones are between 18-50, depending on the device), but the 6MP body with a full frame sensor and quality glass will out preform ANY cell phone camera. So, it's not just about megapixels.

That said, the best camera is the one you have with you, and these pictures are just fine. I think the Galaxy Gear will serve you well. Enjoy.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check S4 forums. I think I read an S4 user was able to connect the Gear with the S4.

I just tried to use the Galaxy Gear with the S4 and it worked. I will try the Note II and the Galaxy S III tomorrow. The Gear can only be paired with one device at a time, so it will take me some time to try the other devices because I have to reset it each time.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I just tried to use the Galaxy Gear with the S4 and it worked. I will try the Note II and the Galaxy S III tomorrow. The Gear can only be paired with one device at a time, so it will take me some time to try the other devices because I have to reset it each time.

Great! But the only downside would be there would be no Gear Manager app on the S4. Or is there?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Great! But the only downside would be there would be no Gear Manager app on the S4. Or is there?

Yes, you are prompted to load it once you tap the S4's back to the Gear's Charger in the same way that I was prompted to load it on my Note 3. The only difference that I saw was that the weather information didn't show on the Gear's screen. I didn't change any of the settings for my experiment, though. I can't remember if syncing weather was an option in the Gear Manager app, but I'll check it out later.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Dumb question but where is the lens? In other words how do position your arm to take a picture? Does it matter if you are right handed or left handed? Also, can you post to Facebook from the watch?

I ask because I am a runner. Im curious if I can take pics from the watch during a half marathon and post without touching the phone which I wear on my arm case to listen to music (currently using Note 2 waiting for Verizon and yes I know it's a big phone to run with but used to it)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae