Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear

I took a bunch of pictures with the Galaxy Gear watch, which has a 1.9 megapixel camera and I see no real difference between a lot of photos I've taken with an 8 megapixel camera. And yet.. I'm constantly being sold on the idea that I need more megapixels.... what am I missing?

Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear-20131005_134304.jpg

Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear-20131005_132128.jpg

Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear-20131005_175733.jpg

Also... after 11 hours, and heavy use on the Galaxy Gear... I have 26% battery left. I've used it to place calls, answer calls and send text messages. I also took over 50 photos.

Default Re: Photos taken with my Galaxy Gear

Nice to see real life reviews... I am excited to get the galaxy watch the pictures look amazing for a 1mp.. Thanks for the picture.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

These look great! But they're taken outside, in sunlight. Start fiddling with different kind of light situations, you'll notice the difference fast. Plus, how big you want to blow the picture up even printing? An 8 megapixel is going to look better as a 5x7 or 8x10, then 1.9 megapixel. Hope this helps?

Palm Treo line > BlackBerry line > Samsung Galaxy S line > Samsung Galaxy Note line???
    Palm Treo 600/650/700P/Centro/Blackberry Curve 8330/Tour 9630/Bold 9650/HTC EVO 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SII Touch 4G/Samsung Galaxy Epic SIII Touch LTE!!!
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'll be honest. I haven't printed a picture in years. It seems these days all I do is take pictures and post them on social media sites for relatives to see... lol. I'll will take some indoors tonight and post them later.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

I think the pictures are great. No camera is perfect for every situation.

Couldn't you just let the OP have his moment by sharing some nice looking photos for us to see without finding a way to be critical?

Posted via Android Central App

does it have autofocus? or fixed focus? if it does have a focus feature, does it take a while to focus or is it pretty quick? because they look great. the first image looks very nice.
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dontlookatme View Post
    does it have autofocus? or fixed focus? if it does have a focus feature, does it take a while to focus or is it pretty quick? because they look great. the first image looks very nice.
    It has autofocus. It seems to only take a second or so.

I picked up mine today, and I really like it. I took one picture of my daughter and I can figure out how to post it using this mobile app of AC I'll share with you all what I think is a pretty nice feature to have available all the time.

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AldousSnow View Post
    I took a bunch of pictures with the Galaxy Gear watch, which has a 1.9 megapixel camera and I see no real difference between a lot of photos I've taken with an 8 megapixel camera. And yet.. I'm constantly being sold on the idea that I need more megapixels.... what am I missing?
    It's not just the number of pixels, the size and quality of the sensor and the quality of the lens also matter. I have several high end DSLRs, and an older DSLR, the older one is only 6 MP (the newer ones are between 18-50, depending on the device), but the 6MP body with a full frame sensor and quality glass will out preform ANY cell phone camera. So, it's not just about megapixels.

That said, the best camera is the one you have with you, and these pictures are just fine. I think the Galaxy Gear will serve you well. Enjoy.

Here's a quick video from the Gear I uploaded earlier. Keep in mind the YouTube compression.

Man, I really want a Smartwatch now for how convenient it'll be to take photos and video.
    STARGATE likes this.

Is it possible to connect it to my s4?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynboy86 View Post

Not yet. They plan on a future update which will expand compatibility.

I'm enjoying my galaxy gear

Tappin From My N3
    DAS likes this.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brooklynboy86 View Post

You might want to check S4 forums. I think I read an S4 user was able to connect the Gear with the S4.
    Shanicenicolle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MLdroidN4 View Post
    You might want to check S4 forums. I think I read an S4 user was able to connect the Gear with the S4.
    Was the S4 user's name Sooks????

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    Don't know. Sorry.

I just tried to use the Galaxy Gear with the S4 and it worked. I will try the Note II and the Galaxy S3 tomorrow. The Gear can only be paired with one device at a time, so it will take me some time to try the other devices because I have to reset it each time.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 21stNow View Post
    I just tried to use the Galaxy Gear with the S4 and it worked. I will try the Note II and the Galaxy S3 tomorrow. The Gear can only be paired with one device at a time, so it will take me some time to try the other devices because I have to reset it each time.
    Great! But the only downside would be there would be no Gear Manager app on the S4. Or is there?

Great! But the only downside would be there would be no Gear Manager app on the S4. Or is there?
    Yes, you are prompted to load it once you tap the S4's back to the Gear's Charger in the same way that I was prompted to load it on my Note 3. The only difference that I saw was that the weather information didn't show on the Gear's screen. I didn't change any of the settings for my experiment, though. I can't remember if syncing weather was an option in the Gear Manager app, but I'll check it out later.

Dumb question but where is the lens? In other words how do position your arm to take a picture? Does it matter if you are right handed or left handed? Also, can you post to Facebook from the watch?

I ask because I am a runner. Im curious if I can take pics from the watch during a half marathon and post without touching the phone which I wear on my arm case to listen to music (currently using Note 2 waiting for Verizon and yes I know it's a big phone to run with but used to it)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Another dumb question if I may ask but..how do you take pics I mean do you hold your hand up or?

The lens is in the outer wristband if worn on the left arm. You take pictures by swiping down, aiming at what you want to take the picture of, then tapping the screen on the watch.

I'm intrigued by the Gear. Does it use data off your plan?

How do you get the photos from the Gear to show up on the Note 3?

Edit: I see the instructions in the user manual now. I'll try it later on to see if I can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    good one. lol
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast