Underrated feature of the Note 3

zach_alt

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
How insanely fast this thing charges. This is a HUGE feature for me. Anything else that you love but isn't getting talked about?

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think one review could just cover multi-tasking at length. I had no idea how much could run without even a whimper. I only hope some of that ability comes via an update to my Note 10.1.

AaronSmart

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So far I haven't noticed a big difference between the two and three.

Multi tasking, I'm getting about 30 mins for about 15 percent.

I did notice the 3 had more battery left during the idle night.

Sent via the Note 3

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I like the multi window feature where another window opens up under the original one. Also in call window when a new call comes it pops ups under the app you are in.

Posted via Android Central App

timetopaythefiddler

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I like the multi window feature where another window opens up under the original one. Also in call window when a new call comes it pops ups under the app you are in.

Is that a setting in the phone? How do you enable the call pop up while in an app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I find that the note 3 charges at 1.2 amps whereas the Note 2 changed at about 1.8 amps. I used the galaxy charging current app. Can anyone else confirm?

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Is that a setting in the phone? How do you enable the call pop up while in an app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Go to call settings and activate incoming calls settings. Whenever a call comes a small screen will open up showing who is calling. Very unobtrusive. As I work on the note a lot it's a good way to show up instead of the whole screen showing a call is coming.

icnmayhem

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
How insanely fast this thing charges. This is a HUGE feature for me. Anything else that you love but isn't getting talked about?

Do you have to use the new 3.0 cable for the fast charge (from the wall I mean), or did it also charge as fast with the old 2.0 cables?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to use the new 3.0 cable for the fast charge (from the wall I mean), or did it also charge as fast with the old 2.0 cables?

You have to use a USB 3.0 cable because the faster charging is made possible by the extra pins in USB 3.0. No extra pins, no quick charging.

Mrlovkim

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Charging from laptop takes forever but when using the wall charger it is lightning fast.:)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

KevLar72

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I got on Ebay and bought TWO USB 3.0 charging cables. I bought them just for the fact of quick charging !
Both were only $7 with Shipping ! Now I have one for the car- office and home ! :D

I can't wait for the external/desktop charger comes out ! I hate plugging my phone in all together !