Remove Long Press Numbers/Symbols from Standard Keyboard

brosenz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to remove the Long press Numbers and Symbols from the standard Keyboard?, I have the T-Mobile version, thanks

brosenz

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Have you considered installing Google Keyboard? Although it still has long press numbers.

The main reason I like the Samsung Keyboard is the top row of "Numbers", unfortunately the Android Keyboard does not have that option. What is weird is that I've seen videos on Youtube with clean Samsung keyboard, with no long press symbols or character on the letter or numbers, so I do not understand why my phone has those, see attached file. "+ on the Q", "= on the E", "@ on the A", etc.

Attachments

• Keyboard.jpg
    Keyboard.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 50

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
trkfRWS.jpg

JvKintheUSA

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The main reason I use the Samsung keyboard is for the numbers on top. The only drawback on this version on the note 3 is that you can't customize the key to the left of the space bar

Sent from my Note 3 on AT&T

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
so I do not understand why my phone has those, see attached file. "+ on the Q", "= on the E", "@ on the A", etc.

It's for faster typing of common symbols? One of the reasons I like most android kybds...and another reason...there's tons of options on the play store, just find one you like and install...

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Andrei Marcus

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The main reason I like the Samsung Keyboard is the top row of "Numbers", unfortunately the Android Keyboard does not have that option. What is weird is that I've seen videos on Youtube with clean Samsung keyboard, with no long press symbols or character on the letter or numbers, so I do not understand why my phone has those, see attached file. "+ on the Q", "= on the E", "@ on the A", etc.

I don't have these symbols and I want it :(( ( SM-N9005)

JellyBeanGurl

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Whoa hold on, how did you get the top row for numbers on Swiftkey?? I use Swiftkey too but I really like the top number row on the Samsung keyboard.

I went to settings and enabled it. You'll see it once you get there. :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

V J

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to settings and enabled it. You'll see it once you get there. :D

Sent From My Samsung Note 3

Sadly mine doesn't have that option. I googled it and it seems like it's only on the latest beta version. The weird thing is the beta came out like December and I'm guessing it's still not released coz my Swiftkey is up to date on the play store :S

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Sadly mine doesn't have that option. I googled it and it seems like it's only on the latest beta version. The weird thing is the beta came out like December and I'm guessing it's still not released coz my Swiftkey is up to date on the play store :S

Why don't you just load the beta SwiftKey? I have both the release and the beta versions installed and they don't conflict with each other. Just search for "SwiftKey Beta" and you'll find a link on their site to download and install it. Of course the beta is free too.

Gatsby Kennelson

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way too shorten how long you must hold the key for the secondary options to poo up? Love swype but they have the well known issues lately and that was the reason I prefers it. Or is there an option on swype to change accuracy? Used to have a keyboard with a speed vs. accuracy slider...
and why for the love of God can I not type the triple . Symbol with Samsung keyboard??

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Mine doesn't look like that, how is yours so light?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-29-08-40-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-29-08-40-09.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6

Darr247

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
why for the love of God can I not type the triple . Symbol with Samsung keyboard??

Yeah... especially since that's what is shown at the top of the period key, implying the ellipsis (the technical name of the 3 dot symbol) would be the long press default for that key, though when you long press the period key, that's not even one of the twelve choices displayed. :|

Last edited:

Michelle Marques

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately it does not have a dedicated number row,

I does. You just have to select it in the settings- under typing, then keys.

But I am still having the problem of symbols with long presses on SwiftKey. Can't find a setting to turn it off. Anyone have a solution? I have patients who have motor impairments and are too slow to release a key, so they end up with all symbols.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20