Foxfi on NOTE 3

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me when I had my S4 and what I did was that I turned off the hot spot that was put in by TMobile and never got the request again.... I downloaded for my Note3 however, I have not used it yet.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I've got the popup message from verizon as well. If I cancel, Foxfi doesn't enable, if I ignore the message, it works.
If I cancel and turn off hot spot, foxfi stays with the check mark on however, when I do scan with my ipad it doesn't discover foxfi. I believe that if you ignore it what you are using is not foxfi instead you might be connected to Verizon.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
If I cancel and turn off hot spot, foxfi stays with the check mark on however, when I do scan with my ipad it doesn't discover foxfi. I believe that if you ignore it what you are using is not foxfi instead you might be connected to Verizon.

i don't think so.....it has always shown that "hotspot" activated icon in the notification bar when foxfi was in use.....i'm going to ignore the popup and see what happens :) i use the foxfi proxy add in also to try to hide tether usage. not sure if it works but i figure it cant hurt to try :)

brunla

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine does the same thing. If I ignore the mobile hotspot message (just hit home button), it continues to let me use Foxfi. Not sure if there is a time limit yet.

benstaley

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
The Verizion model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the only Note 3 officially supported by FoxFi (http://pdanet.co/help/devices.php). The AT&T Note 3, unfortunately, was never supported and has rarely worked with me. I usually can eventually get it working once I turn it on and off 6+ times, but recently that has failed. The way I have come to understand how FoxFi works is but running a hotspot, and then as it verifies with your carrier, creates another one. Canceling the verify ends the process and in my experience has never resulted in a working hotspot. If anyone knows of another app that can create a hotspot without rooting I would really appreciate it. Hope this can help.

Simon_y7

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
In order to try Foxfi on Verizon N3, does one have to unsubscribe from the carrier's hotspot first? I.e., wouldn't they conflict, otherwise?

R187J

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
In order to try Foxfi on Verizon N3, does one have to unsubscribe from the carrier's hotspot first? I.e., wouldn't they conflict, otherwise?

No because your mobile hotspot and actual device data have different incoming ports and a 3rd party hotspot enabler tethers your phones actual Internet instead of the native hotspot supplying the connection

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk