Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KiltedMP
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Foxfi on NOTE 3

Does anyone know if foxfi works on the Note 3?

Default Re: Foxfi on NOTE 3

Works fine for me, although I get a pop up from Verizon every time prompting me to sign up for their paid monthly hotspot feature.

It happened to me when I had my S4 and what I did was that I turned off the hot spot that was put in by TMobile and never got the request again.... I downloaded for my Note3 however, I have not used it yet.

I've got the popup message from verizon as well. If I cancel, Foxfi doesn't enable, if I ignore the message, it works.
    karsdroid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KiltedMP View Post
    I've got the popup message from verizon as well. If I cancel, Foxfi doesn't enable, if I ignore the message, it works.
    If I cancel and turn off hot spot, foxfi stays with the check mark on however, when I do scan with my ipad it doesn't discover foxfi. I believe that if you ignore it what you are using is not foxfi instead you might be connected to Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by fantom305 View Post
    If I cancel and turn off hot spot, foxfi stays with the check mark on however, when I do scan with my ipad it doesn't discover foxfi. I believe that if you ignore it what you are using is not foxfi instead you might be connected to Verizon.
    i don't think so.....it has always shown that "hotspot" activated icon in the notification bar when foxfi was in use.....i'm going to ignore the popup and see what happens i use the foxfi proxy add in also to try to hide tether usage. not sure if it works but i figure it cant hurt to try

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts

Mine does the same thing. If I ignore the mobile hotspot message (just hit home button), it continues to let me use Foxfi. Not sure if there is a time limit yet.

The Verizion model of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is the only Note 3 officially supported by FoxFi (http://pdanet.co/help/devices.php). The AT&T Note 3, unfortunately, was never supported and has rarely worked with me. I usually can eventually get it working once I turn it on and off 6+ times, but recently that has failed. The way I have come to understand how FoxFi works is but running a hotspot, and then as it verifies with your carrier, creates another one. Canceling the verify ends the process and in my experience has never resulted in a working hotspot. If anyone knows of another app that can create a hotspot without rooting I would really appreciate it. Hope this can help.

In order to try Foxfi on Verizon N3, does one have to unsubscribe from the carrier's hotspot first? I.e., wouldn't they conflict, otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_y7 View Post
    In order to try Foxfi on Verizon N3, does one have to unsubscribe from the carrier's hotspot first? I.e., wouldn't they conflict, otherwise?
    No because your mobile hotspot and actual device data have different incoming ports and a 3rd party hotspot enabler tethers your phones actual Internet instead of the native hotspot supplying the connection

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

It worked for me today!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

For AT&T....once starting FOXFI and just pressing the Home button works fine for me....
    I am on FOXFI with NOTE 3 AT&T now