Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SteveISU
  • 1 Post By Retinella
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?

My camera is very low lit for some reason. I've compared opening both camera apps on my Note 2 and Note 3 at the same time. Both phones, with the same brightness settings on the phone, have different quality photos in terms of brightness. Note 2 was far more bright than Note 3 on the screen. Same result AFTER taking the photos. Note 2 photo was brighter and more crisp while Note 3 photo was dark and blurrish at times. Is my camera faulty or is this the way the camera is? And I've tried all the settings feature, nothing really changes it drastically. I was really disappointed in the camera. Please help.

Global Posts
    5,531 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?

Quote Originally Posted by bhushanarodgers View Post
    My camera is very low lit for some reason. I've compared opening both camera apps on my Note 2 and Note 3 at the same time. Both phones, with the same brightness settings on the phone, have different quality photos in terms of brightness. Note 2 was far more bright than Note 3 on the screen. Same result AFTER taking the photos. Note 2 photo was brighter and more crisp while Note 3 photo was dark and blurrish at times. Is my camera faulty or is this the way the camera is? And I've tried all the settings feature, nothing really changes it drastically. I was really disappointed in the camera. Please help.
    Could be faulty, does the camera lens have a small piece of plastic covering it? The S4 did and it messed up some of the pictures

Default Re: Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?

Is smart stabilization enabled?
    crester likes this.

Turning on smart stabilization will make it brighter on the screen.
    crester likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

@UJ95x, What do you mean about the small plastic covering the screen?

And the smart stabil. do make the photos brighter but extremely blurry and water color like.

This is the camera lens (and that's just my dog's hair, not a crack, just happened to get the way at the moment I took the pic)Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?-20131006_225442.jpg

Sometimes they have a clear plastic covering that needs to be removed.

Posted via Android Central App
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Here's a shot I took today with the Galaxy Note 2
    Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?-20131006_113841.jpg

And then I compared it with a shot I took right after with the Note 3
    Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?-img_20131006_114143.jpg
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Sorry about the sideways photos.

Anyways, this was in broad day light, I don't need to have smart stabilization on (even though I did try it with it later on to good results)

Global Posts
    5,531 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Sorry about the sideways photos.

Anyways, this was in broad day light, I don't need to have smart stabilization on (even though I did try it with it later on to good results)
    Are you shooting in auto or did you change the settings? If you messed with the ISO it could have made the photos come out darker. Or maybe you have a negative exposure in the settings

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Do you recall removing the plastic from the camera lens? There was definitely one on mine and unless you look closely it was easy to miss.

@UJ95x, What do you mean about the small plastic covering the screen?

And the smart stabil. do make the photos brighter but extremely blurry and water color like.

This is the camera lens (and that's just my dog's hair, not a crack, just happened to get the way at the moment I took the pic)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131006_225442.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	310.9 KB 
ID:	84857

Mine had the plastic film over the camera but it was cutout for the lens hole so I cant see that causing a problem