Is anyone else having problems with the GN3 camera with low light camera?

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My camera is very low lit for some reason. I've compared opening both camera apps on my Note 2 and Note 3 at the same time. Both phones, with the same brightness settings on the phone, have different quality photos in terms of brightness. Note 2 was far more bright than Note 3 on the screen. Same result AFTER taking the photos. Note 2 photo was brighter and more crisp while Note 3 photo was dark and blurrish at times. Is my camera faulty or is this the way the camera is? And I've tried all the settings feature, nothing really changes it drastically. I was really disappointed in the camera. Please help.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
My camera is very low lit for some reason. I've compared opening both camera apps on my Note 2 and Note 3 at the same time. Both phones, with the same brightness settings on the phone, have different quality photos in terms of brightness. Note 2 was far more bright than Note 3 on the screen. Same result AFTER taking the photos. Note 2 photo was brighter and more crisp while Note 3 photo was dark and blurrish at times. Is my camera faulty or is this the way the camera is? And I've tried all the settings feature, nothing really changes it drastically. I was really disappointed in the camera. Please help.
Could be faulty, does the camera lens have a small piece of plastic covering it? The S4 did and it messed up some of the pictures

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Turning on smart stabilization will make it brighter on the screen.

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@UJ95x, What do you mean about the small plastic covering the screen?

And the smart stabil. do make the photos brighter but extremely blurry and water color like.

This is the camera lens (and that's just my dog's hair, not a crack, just happened to get the way at the moment I took the pic)20131006_225442.jpg

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry about the sideways photos.

Anyways, this was in broad day light, I don't need to have smart stabilization on (even though I did try it with it later on to good results)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry about the sideways photos.

Anyways, this was in broad day light, I don't need to have smart stabilization on (even though I did try it with it later on to good results)

Are you shooting in auto or did you change the settings? If you messed with the ISO it could have made the photos come out darker. Or maybe you have a negative exposure in the settings

Posted via Android Central App

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you recall removing the plastic from the camera lens? There was definitely one on mine and unless you look closely it was easy to miss.

@UJ95x, What do you mean about the small plastic covering the screen?

And the smart stabil. do make the photos brighter but extremely blurry and water color like.

This is the camera lens (and that's just my dog's hair, not a crack, just happened to get the way at the moment I took the pic)View attachment 84857

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888