Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Coming from an iPhone

Hey guys,

I am coming from an iPhone and looking for a good text message app that will be similar to iOS.

For example, I want to see the text on the lock screen and be able to swipe that text to jump right into it. Seems like the stock one you have to tap the message and then swipe to unlock.

I like the feel of textra but can't find a good way to preview the message on the lock screen and jump right into it with a swype or tap.

Help!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Default Re: Coming from an iPhone

Have you taken a look at and their and ? ...infinite customization that won't slow you down.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:

I use the stock messaging app, widget locker for my lock screen and floating notifications. It is the perfect combination. The stock messaging app is really solid and simple, the widget locker allows you to go right into apps without swiping, and floating notifications leaves bubbles on any screen you are on so you can enter any app that has a notification for you. Perfect combo.

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 2:
    chloeshotmom and Huntrowmar like this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by atrain311qes109 View Post
    I use the stock messaging app, widget locker for my lock screen and floating notifications. It is the perfect combination. The stock messaging app is really solid and simple, the widget locker allows you to go right into apps without swiping, and floating notifications leaves bubbles on any screen you are on so you can enter any app that has a notification for you. Perfect combo.

Can you explain the WidgetLocker to me?

Just kidding saw it in playstore!

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Is the app called floating notifications?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjma View Post
    Is the app called floating notifications?
    Yes. And it's incredible. No matter what screen I'm on, I will get a tiny bubble showing me exactly who is getting in touch with me via text, email, Facebook, Twitter you name it.
    And they've beefed up the app so well you can now read full emails, texts... right from the bubble. Delete it in the spot or reply.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Coming from an iPhone

I will have to give Widget Locker a try. They still have the return within 15 min if need be right?

How about visual voicemails? Any suggestions there?

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Yes. And it's incredible. No matter what screen I'm on, I will get a tiny bubble showing me exactly who is getting in touch with me via text, email, Facebook, Twitter you name it.
    And they've beefed up the app so well you can now read full emails, texts... right from the bubble. Delete it in the spot or reply.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Downloading it now.

Hey OP.. if you miss your iPhone, you can always do this....

Thanked by 2:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Haha I don't miss my iphone at all I love this thing. There are so many settings I am just trying to find what works best and how to customize the phone to do it lol.

Already got Nova and loving it's capabilities and customizations. It's just overwhelming at first learning how to do it all

karsdroid likes this.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sddabrow View Post
    Haha I don't miss my iphone at all I love this thing. There are so many settings I am just trying to find what works best and how to customize the phone to do it lol.

Already got Nova and loving it's capabilities and customizations. It's just overwhelming at first learning how to do it all

When I switched from iPhone to my S4 back in June it was awesome just experimenting with all of the different apps and customization the first few days. I still get bored of my theme and love how I can just change my launcher, my icons, my text messaging app, or my keyboard. Try experimenting with everything, that is the beauty of Android.

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Absolutely. There's just so much you can do with Android, no reason to get bored.
    Live long and prosper.

Almeuit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    Absolutely. There's just so much you can do with Android, no reason to get bored.
    This. Some people don't like to customize much.. Maybe a few things. Others customize everything... Either way. It's nice to have the option to choose what you want to do versus having no option at all. .

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Any reason why the WidgetLocker application says it is not compatible with my device?

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Any reason why the WidgetLocker application says it is not compatible with my device?
    That's likely because you're running a version of Android the developer hasn't accommodated...or it could be due to your having a high resolution screen. I get this same error for Monopoly on my Sony XTZ and Note 3 but not on my 4.1.2- and 1280x800-having Note 8.
    Live long and prosper.

16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    That's likely because you're running a version of Android the developer hasn't accommodated...or it could be due to your having a high resolution screen. I get this same error for Monopoly on my Sony XTZ and Note 3 but not on my 4.1.2- and 1280x800-having Note 8.
    Ah, thanks. So how can I install it since it doesn't let me on the Play Store due to it's incompatibilities? Or is it not worth it and I should look for another lockscreen app...

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Ah, thanks. So how can I install it since it doesn't let me on the Play Store due to it's incompatibilities? Or is it not worth it and I should look for another lockscreen app...
    I'd probably look for another lock screen app.
    Live long and prosper.

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

The app your looking for is NILS Notifications lock screen. It resembles the iPhone notifications on lock screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AC Forums mobile app
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    The app your looking for is NILS Notifications lock screen. It resembles the iPhone notifications on lock screen.

Close.. but I was looking for a way to get a text, show the text on the screen, then swipe that text and jump right into the messaging app with the keyboard open. With this, you have to tap the notification, then swipe, which brings you to the messaging app.

I also am coming from an iPhone 5. So far, I'm loving this phone and android, just having to get used to some minor things. These recommendations so far have been great.

Thanks!
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Quote Originally Posted by ryanjma View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for the advice. Downloading it now.
    This is awesome to use with the stock messaging app, thanks for sharing. I didn't see how to get a Facebook or Twitter extension? Any advice?

Edit: Yet again I missed the setting for it lol
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post

I may be able to get used to this!

If I decide to stick with the Samsung default lock screen... any way I can stop the 'Messages' and 'Missed Call' widget to pop up? Seems like this widget would work for all that, but when I get a text or missed call, it goes to a separate lock screen. Is this just Samsung's way of doing it and no work around other than getting a custom lockscreen app?

Welcome to the world of fragmentation buddy! Enjoy! lol

I'm also thinking of selling my iPhone 5 and putting it towards getting this beast of a phone! Those of you that have made the switch, can you still access your @me.com email from the note 3? If so does it sync with your iPad when you read or delete on the other? I have been told different things every time in the three store.
    Thanks in advance

Global Posts
    6,212 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

Quote Originally Posted by academy View Post
    I'm also thinking of selling my iPhone 5 and putting it towards getting this beast of a phone! Those of you that have made the switch, can you still access your @me.com email from the note 3? If so does it sync with your iPad when you read or delete on the other? I have been told different things every time in the three store.
    Thanks in advance
    Should you decide to make this move it'll feel like moving from a tee-pee to a castle. ...like going from Toyota Yaris to a Lexus LS, without the cost differential. ...like going from a hand-glider to an F22 Raptor.

All levity aside, your @me.com address should work just fine if you know your username and password (email address & password) which you do. You may have to get used to significantly larger device but if that's what you want it'll likely seem magical and that's w/out ever pulling the S-Pen out of its slot.
    Live long and prosper.

Thanked by:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast