Let's Face It Verizon Bretheren

DaveDFD

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
We aren't getting this thing until oct 12 at the soonest... they will ship on 10/10.. MAYBE we get them Monday.. MAYBE only because its Columbus day..

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
If shipping notices don't go out late tonight or tomorrow.... then I am afraid you might be right. To my recollection, VZW has shipped their pre orders to arrive in customers hands the same day they are available in the stores. Sometimes a day or two earlier.

Han Solo 1

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting it on the 10th.

Took the morning off work. Will be waiting at VZ's door first thing.

Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting it on the 10th.

Took the morning off work. Will be waiting at VZ's door first thing.

Sent from my Crapple iPhone 5

If I dont get a shipping notice by tomorrow, I'll do the same thing after I cancel my preorder. I am flying out of town Sunday, so I need the phone by Sat at the latest.

DaveDFD

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I just cant do the wait at the door thing anymore!! too many commitments between work/new baby at home... ive never preordered before, so I don't know about all this "early" business... ill take your word... im as anxious as the next guy.. my bionic is about as frustrating as anything I have ever had in my hand!! but I dunno.. just looking more and more like ship on 10/10.. is it confirmed that it will be in stores on the 10th??

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
im calling verizon right now for status of my preorder....ill cancel and just get in store if i dont get a good answer on arrival date.

hmmmm.....rep says its shipping out tomorrow and should be to me early on the 10th. possibly it could make it to me the 9th....i won't hold my breath.

Last edited:

caj27

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I called Verizon this morning. I also chatted with Verizon online a couple days ago. I got different stories.

The online-chat CSR said that the Note 3 would ship before 10/10 and arrive to me on 10/10 at the latest (2-day shipping). I repeated back this arrangement to the CSR for clarification, and the CSR confirmed that I was understanding correctly. This was satisfying.

The CSR that took my phone call this morning said something different (and not in a good way): that the Note 3 may not ship until 10/10. But the CSR told me that I could return the pre-ordered phone if I wanted, with Verizon paying the return shipping. This means that I could still go to a Verizon brick-and-mortar store and directly buy a Note 3. And the CSR said that the local store may be willing to waive the activation fee to match the online store offer. I don't have high hopes, but maybe I can still have a Note 3 in my hands on 10/10/2013 without paying for activation, return shipping, or any additional fees. Or maybe my order will ship out this afternoon and arrive 10/10/2013. That would be much less of a head ache.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I know for a fact that Verizon S4 pre-orders arrived on or before the in-store release because I was one of them. The phone was in store Thursday May 23 and I had mine in hand on Wednesday.

taxiron1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
They will ship the 8th, by Fedex, and get delivered on the 10th. Thats been SOP for Verizon over many introductions and pre orders.

FYI, before you waste your time going to a store on the 10th. Best Buy is charging more for upgrade. They will not sell any at retail prices, until the amount of inventory builds up. And they wont match any VZW price, including waiving activation fee. i am just sayin'.

DaveDFD

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
LOL.. that is very true... they are the ones that should know stuff.. but magically, they never seem to know.. or at least be able to tell a similar story!

- - - Updated - - -

I think we should remember Verizon's motto: "We're not happy until you're not happy."

Verizon/Comcast should get together.. they seem to have similar business plans!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LOL.. that is very true... they are the ones that should know stuff.. but magically, they never seem to know.. or at least be able to tell a similar story!

- - - Updated - - -

Verizon/Comcast should get together.. they seem to have similar business plans!

Comcast and Verizon did get together for awhile to offer home TV, internet, home phone, and wireless.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Well could be like me I ordered it on the 10th of last month and my boss is gone this week so I can not take any time off if it does ship so I called to change the shipping to my work. The guy I get sounded like a kid says first he would be happy to help cancel my order I cut him off and say no I want to change shipping address. He then says he can not do it until it gets within a week of the shipping date (which it already was since it was Friday that I called) then he pauses and says oh it is within a week and again he says ok I cancelled your order then he say oh you want shipping changed. I hear an e-mail come in while he is getting my shipping info and soon as he hangs up I see my order has been canceled. So I call back and get a girl with a southern accent that I do no think graduated 5th grade. I have to do a new order which takes me over 90 minutes for her to complete. It was so bad it took me 15 minutes to explain "9th St." She wanted to know how to spell it. So now I am sure I am on the end of the list and will be lucky to see it this week.

delkhouri

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have talked to about 6-7 Verizon reps either at the store, the online chat or on the phone. Oddly enough they have been very consistent with their answers. They have all told me the phone will ship on the 10th. When I ask to clarify if it will ship on the 10th as opposed to me getting it on the 10th they say very directly it will not ship until the 10th. Then I ask them when it will be available in the store they say the 10th. I then ask them the purpose of pre-ordering and they say it is so you are guaranteed a phone at launch because if you go to the store you might not get one. Every single conversation I have had with a Verizon rep has told me this exact same thing.

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
It sounds like they are all just coached to say the same thing, even if it isn't necessarily true.

Verizon, always last to the party.