- 31 Posts
micro sd card formatting
so, i got a 64 gb micro sd today... do i need to physicall insert this to the phone and "format"
i want to dump my 16 gb card onto my computer and load some of it onto the 64 gb one.. can i do that now, or should i wait till i have the phone?
its a samsung card if that matters..
thank you in advance for any help!
- 10-07-2013, 06:53 PM #2
- 10-07-2013, 06:59 PM #3
- 103 Posts
Re: micro sd card formatting
You tend to get better SD card reliability by formatting it in the device you'll use it in. Then if it's feasible, read and write from it in the device over the USB cable.
I know, it sounds lame. But where the Samsung phones are finicky about cards, it's worth it.
- By TMCF in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 11-18-2013, 10:42 AM
- By wingman1800 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 2Last Post: 10-16-2013, 11:52 PM
- By Nicole Simmons in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 63Last Post: 10-08-2013, 09:13 PM
- By mastrotol in forum HTC WildfireReplies: 4Last Post: 10-07-2013, 09:47 PM
- By chloeshotmom in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 11Last Post: 10-07-2013, 05:23 PM