S-note incompatible

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
FYI, which many of you are perhaps aware, s-notes from GN3 can't be open on my GN8. There seems to be a file format change from snb to spn.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 2

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
FYI, which many of you are perhaps aware, s-notes from GN3 can't be open on my GN8. There seems to be a file format change from snb to spn.

With software you can usually go backward but rarely, in my experience, can you ever go forward with compatibility. The S-Note app on the Note 8, and GN2 are the older version. Therefore the newer version being used on the GN3 can convert the older files, but the new features on the GN3 are too advanced for the older version to compensate.

I also have the Note 8, and I can only hope that Samsung will upgrade the Note 8 with new S-Note application, along with the new Air Command wheel.

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
While I can't disagree, I think it's very diappointing that our galaxy 8 (recently released in April) has yet to receive the latest release of ALL software necessary to complete the 2013 suite of galaxy devices to ensure compatibility. I'm quite certain that both devices had some overlap in production. I guess I'll have to remain patient but this is my one and only major gripe with the Android ecosystem, inconsistency in upgrades/ updates.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
One customer service rep (Samsung's) acted like S-notes were internal, not meant to be shared between devices. I had to educate him on that. I don't know the best way to get Samsung's ear, but if someone can tell us how to make our voices heard, maybe they'd realize how important it is for the S-notes to be shared.

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
We faced the problem IRL at work. We have projects made by SNote and shared with people in a project. Everybody can modify the file and share it with others after making new suggestions. But now, one of us bought GN3 and made some changes, lucky he did it only in one project, and the file is lost! Any of us cannot open the file. Now the file had been raplaced by pdf so that everybody can see it, but the original SNote version is lost. Of course there is older version (backup files) but the main problem is still there, incompatibility.

How to make our voice heard? Replacing products made by Samsung with others that you can rely. We are investing to get tablets at work, and it was sure already that tablets/phones are, of course, Note-serie devices, premium concept from Samsung. It was clear. But it isnt anymore! We are now in huge trouble because of compatibility issue. Something is certain for sure, we cannot rely on Samsung at work. That means we cannot invest devices made by Samsung. They managed to make their own (THEIR OWN!!) application SNote imcompatible among their so called premium devices. There is nothing premium than prices with these devices. Barely a year old devices are now incompatible togegher. Wow! This can be called a quick cycle! Samsung failed! Lucky we didnt make the order yet...

If Samsung said that Snotes are for personal use, why do they market Note serie for business and schools? Sounds like they are trying to put excuse something they managed to spoil totally. It is their mess, and it sounds childish they are now making excuses! They must fix it, not give excuses...

spacecoastcowboy

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Question, does anyone think its possible to get the new S note file and install it on the older 10.1? I did this with the 8.0 anote HD Nd it works great. I dont remeber how I did it, I just searched google and found apk link for it. Thanks,

Posted via Android Central App

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Question, does anyone think its possible to get the new S note file and install it on the older 10.1? I did this with the 8.0 anote HD Nd it works great. I dont remeber how I did it, I just searched google and found apk link for it. Thanks,

Posted via Android Central App
Please, give me more clues on what to search for? I'd love to be able to make the S-notes compatible between my Note 3 and 10.1. All Samsung ever says is sorry for the inconvenience! I've even had a rep tell me that S-notes were never meant to be shared but internal documents only. I think Samsung's really hurt the S-notes in the 3 with taking away features and compatibility. Rather than put the new S-notes on my 10.1, I'd really love to get the OLD S-notes on the 3! I'd be positively thrilled!!!

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
We faced the problem IRL at work. We have projects made by SNote and shared with people in a project. Everybody can modify the file and share it with others after making new suggestions. But now, one of us bought GN3 and made some changes, lucky he did it only in one project, and the file is lost! Any of us cannot open the file. Now the file had been raplaced by pdf so that everybody can see it, but the original SNote version is lost. Of course there is older version (backup files) but the main problem is still there, incompatibility.

How to make our voice heard? Replacing products made by Samsung with others that you can rely. We are investing to get tablets at work, and it was sure already that tablets/phones are, of course, Note-serie devices, premium concept from Samsung. It was clear. But it isnt anymore! We are now in huge trouble because of compatibility issue. Something is certain for sure, we cannot rely on Samsung at work. That means we cannot invest devices made by Samsung. They managed to make their own (THEIR OWN!!) application SNote imcompatible among their so called premium devices. There is nothing premium than prices with these devices. Barely a year old devices are now incompatible togegher. Wow! This can be called a quick cycle! Samsung failed! Lucky we didnt make the order yet...

If Samsung said that Snotes are for personal use, why do they market Note serie for business and schools? Sounds like they are trying to put excuse something they managed to spoil totally. It is their mess, and it sounds childish they are now making excuses! They must fix it, not give excuses...

enigmax, did you let the company's feelings be known at Samsung? I think the more they hear about the trouble they've caused, the faster they may fix it.