Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Note 3 Garbled

Just got a pair of Note 3's on Friday and they worked great until today. Both phones are experiencing audio issues. Both phones have chirps, buzzes, cutting in and out and garbled transmissions & reception. We have Sprint versions. We went through 3 phones for my wife's phone today at the Sprint store and still no luck. The manager said he had one with the same problem yesterday. He said that Samsung is shipping out more phones for this known problem. He also said this is affecting about half the phones shipped and with every carrier. This is doesn't sound good at all. Maybe I should have waited? Anyone else run into this problem??

Thanked by:

Default Re: Note 3 Garbled

I have att version haven't heard anything like that on mine.

Tappin From My N3

I have a sprint version and I do have the same sound problem with garbles, chirps, buzzes. It happens on speaker mode too.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamPowerstroke View Post
    I have att version haven't heard anything like that on mine.

Tappin From My N3
    Same here ATT version no problem here

Posted via Android Central App

Verizon LG G2 users are reporting similar issues on some phones - Issues with static, crackles, pops, and squeals during calls

Possibly a SnapDragon 800 issue on CDMA networks?

Att zero issues

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
    chloeshotmom likes this.

2 Sprint Note 3's and no problems yet.....

I'm on my 2nd note 3 with Sprint about to be 3rd. I've called Sprint and went through a series of tests and programming. They referred me to call Samsung which I did. All they say was to mail it in to them and you'll get it back in about two weeks! Ummm... no thanks! I'll try my luck on another new one.

Well i just replaced my att Note 3. Basically I was experiencing sporadic garbled audio, and getting complaints that at times I couldn't be understood. Had to change from black to white though.

Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

I have the same issue on my Sprint Note 3. I'll be replacing it tomorrow to see if a new one is better.

Check these out...

No issues on Tmo. Never heard of this problem.

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyyNY View Post
    No issues on Tmo. Never heard of this problem.

Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.

Joey that's because it seems to be isolated to Sprint variants of the note 3. So you wouldn't know it.

THis seems to be an issue related to the Sprint versions. I doubt it's hardware related since other carriers dont seem to be having them. Its not like there's different speakers for those units.

On the Sprint forum, there's people who returned their phones multiple times only to have the same problem. Doubt swapping them out will do anything until Sprint rolls out an update,

Yes I have this issue on two phones.

On all voice calls I hear loud Chirps, digitized distortions, and garbled sentences. I have to ask the person I'm talking with to repeat what they are saying several times until I get to hear the complete sentence without words dropping, loud Chirps or dropped segments or high pitched squeals that have sometimes hurt my ear while holding it against the earpiece at medium volume. when using the phone to post on forums or fill in text boxes usually the text box will become magnified so huge on its own I cannot see the words I'm editing. Most times when posting on the Sprint website I touch the Edit box and the keyboard will open up and the web page scrolls all the way to the top and I have to pull it back down to the edit box. this anomaly happens in all 3 different browsers I have on the phone it just did it now 5 times and I almost gave up is the page kept scrolling to the top and all I wanted to do was a just where I was in the text edit box. The phone has many other issues problems that may or may never be fixed. Do your research and don't get stuck with the two year contract expensive phone that you might have to deal with all these issues until you give up and perhaps fork over more money to do a buy out of your contract. The phone does have some positive features such as a very bright screen and a very large screen. But as of now most of the apps I use on the phone installed by Samsung for Sprint don't function very well and not as I expected.all the calls I made today the call quality was horrible. I have a few days left until my mandatory exchange the passes, believe me I won't miss the date. do a Google search for "note 3 garbled voice or WiFi issues" and you will bring up multiple hi profile web sites verifying the defects with the note 3.
    ProsBig buttons, big bright screen, battery
    ConsDrops calls, Price, Did not meet expectations, horrible voice call quality
    Last edited by pcmanager; 10-13-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Return the phone. Your post will not discourage one person.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seoulbrova View Post
    THis seems to be an issue related to the Sprint versions. I doubt it's hardware related since other carriers dont seem to be having them. Its not like there's different speakers for those units.

On the Sprint forum, there's people who returned their phones multiple times only to have the same problem. Doubt swapping them out will do anything until Sprint rolls out an update,

Yes I have this issue on two phones.
    It's not just sprint customers. I'm on Verizon and I'm at the store now for return number 3. It's all carriers. Verizon hasn't had the phone long enough to get a ton of complaints.

Sounding more like a Samsung issue. And it seems like it's worse in weaker signal areas, which I live in. Going to wait a while to see what happens.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk 4

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

I don't usually use my mobile phone for voice calls, but tried it out last night. While I was outside, the audio seemed fine. When I came into my house though, I started getting occasional noise on the call. The person on the other end didn't really hear much, if anything, but I was definitely getting something. It wasn't bad enough to make the conversation difficult to hear, but it was a bit annoying. Since I didn't get it until I went inside my house though, I was guessing it had something to do with signal strength since that would be stronger outdoors than indoors. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If there is something Samsung and/or the carriers can do to fix this, hopefully they will soon.

P.S. -- FWIW, I'm on Sprint and have a black Note 3.

I just switched to a (Verizon) galaxy note 3 after having previously returned a (Verizon) LG G2 because of a digital screeching/chopping/chirping etc.problem during calls. I'm having the same issues with the Note 3 and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

It sounds like I'm on a bad voip call and digital screeching/chopping/chirping happens at completely random times during the calls while the other voices on calls are completely clear. Other callers can hear me fine and don't hear any of the feedback. I did see some articles about Sprint Users complaining of call quality but nothing about Verizon.

See Link for info on the issues I was having on LG G2: Link

I work from home and it only seems to occur from calls around my house. I wonder if it has something to do with the radios or tower. Signal Strength showing -94 dBm 46 asu.

Also wanted to mention my old verizon phones were a driod bionic and galaxy nexus. Both never had similar issues.
    Last edited by landr008; 10-14-2013 at 02:43 PM.

I have the horrible voice call sound issue at any signal level. Most of the time my cell signal is good and calls will still sound bad. Note 3 on Sprint.

Apparently this problem is not universal:
    Are you getting garbled audio with your note 3?

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Same issue here on Verizon. Chirps sporadically.

I pre-ordered my GN3 from Verizon and I have NOT experienced audio issues. (Knock on wood).

Well folks replacement 3 on Verizon and guess what? Still having the same problem. The manager at the corporate store is going to call me when he gets the next shipment in to replace it again. Hopefully the new shipment will not have this issue. At least, that's our hope.

Same issue with verizon. On my second one and both do the same garbled voice thing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast