Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - How do I stop phone from waking up in my pocket?

Have Dashclock as my lockscreen.

Also have NotifierPro installed which sends banners when text, mail, messages arrive.

Phone always wakes up in my pocket and I end up having some app running because of the pocket friction.

Now, I have told NotifierPro in settings not to wake up.

Is there some other reason the lockscreen keeps waking up? How can I prevent it from doing so

Thanks

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - How do I stop phone from waking up in my pocket?

Bump.. had the same issue

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Had the same problem w my note2 its because the home button is easily activated.. It drove me nuts..

Using my Moto Droid Maxx

Ditto, I found using a case helped. Even a neo hybrid, having a small lip seemed to stop this from happening for the most part?

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.

ROM
    Stock Note 2

Take a cold shower

Cheers, Jon
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white
    JawjaBill likes this.

Un-tighter pants?
    rvhs03 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

So nice to get helpful replies here....

...but I did manage to get a smile or two in the process.
    Thanked by:

Well then, glad I waisted my time. Durrr, figure it out

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

I haven't had issues with turning it on while it's in my pocket, but I do have issues with hitting the home button when I'm putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. I basically end up with the same issue of inadvertantly starting apps too. I would love to change the functionality of the home button. Then I'd never have to see My Magazine again.
    Thanked by:

lol@ "pocket friction"....not gonna go there....

I'm kind of an android noob, but I know there's "proximity" features on the note 3. Maybe it's thinking the phone is near your face? I wish I could provide more info. I think i disabled these proximity features, so it's not giving me issues.

I wear loose jeans.. So.. It's impossible for this to happen.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Is it possible to disable the home button to wake the phone? Still shocked that turning the screen on will allow the phone to unlock. Dont you still need to swipe after waking the screen with or without a lock? You could enable the lockscreen as well.

I have the same problem, and its certainly not any button pushing on the phone causing it, as I have it standing in its dock on my desk, charging.

I put it in the dock, press the lock key to send it to sleep, and at random intervals, the display will light up and display the lock screen, even though nobody touched it.
    I put it back to sleep and sometimes it takes not even 10 seconds and it wakes up again.
    Last edited by ToukoAkimoto; 11-18-2013 at 02:41 AM.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Somebody could make a nice chunk of money to create an app that prevents this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dextorboot View Post
    I haven't had issues with turning it on while it's in my pocket, but I do have issues with hitting the home button when I'm putting it in or taking it out of my pocket. I basically end up with the same issue of inadvertantly starting apps too. I would love to change the functionality of the home button. Then I'd never have to see My Magazine again.
    I think day 2 saw My Magazine out of the picture.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Sent via my Note 8
    EVO & an Acer A500 tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by ToukoAkimoto View Post
    I have the same problem, and its certainly not any button pusing on the phone causing it, as I have it standing in its dock on my desk, charging.

I put it in the dock, press the lock key to send it to sleep, and at random intervals, the display will light up and display the lock screen, even though nobody touched it.
    I put it back to sleep and sometimes it takes not even 10 seconds and it wakes up again.
    The screen lights back up when the device is fully charged and will stay lit for a time, as long as it remains plugged in. I haven't had it turn back on after I put it back to sleep though.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app
    Not every device nor provider is for everyone. So choose carefully before you put your money down. Then live with your decision.

Sprint Note 3
    Nexus 7 (2013)
    Asus Transformer Pad TF300T
    Chromecast

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Have Dashclock as my lockscreen.

Also have NotifierPro installed which sends banners when text, mail, messages arrive.

Phone always wakes up in my pocket and I end up having some app running because of the pocket friction.

Now, I have told NotifierPro in settings not to wake up.

Is there some other reason the lockscreen keeps waking up? How can I prevent it from doing so

Thanks
    Face your screen in. Stops bumping and protects the screen from breaking

Global Posts
    314 Global Posts
    ROM
    Freeza'sfre3 KitKat 4.4.2

IntelliCover works great for me. It works fine in my pocket or holster, no actual phone cover needed, and has plenty of tweakable settings available. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....intellicover2

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger#IM View Post
    I think day 2 saw My Magazine out of the picture.

Sent via my Note 8
    What did you do to get rid of it?

Had a Galaxy S4. If you install CyanogenMod on the phone, it will reset your phone (including the features not really used, like waving your hand to scroll and looking away to stop video playback) but will give you features you need like disabling/enabling any physical button to wake the phone.

I would install CyanogenMod on my new Galaxy Note 3 but can't lose the ability to use the stylus. Which Samsung will enable the same functionality as CyanogenMod. The other frills on the Samsungs are just cheap bar tricks, we need some that actually do something constructive.

Perhaps your "Increase Screen Sensitivity" setting is on?

Posted from my TARDIS!

Hai. I donno if u guys already found a solution or not.
    my note 2 alway on when i lock it. It will go on and off. And on and off. Yeah it does kind of annoying.

I FOUNd A SOLUTION.

Maybe the problem is because one of ur application that u install. I recently uninstall an application. And it does work. My phone does not have the problem anymore. I hope this would help u guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast