Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LosingMyMind
  • 1 Post By pookiegirl
  • 1 Post By subtext
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default NOTE 3 - How to turn off email alert notifications if possible?!

I apologize if this thread already started but there are too many threads to go through. I tried doing a search but no luck.

I really hope there is a way to disable email alerts because for now I turn off the sounds for notifications which means I cannot hear my text notifications
    I did it for my EVO but I can't remember how I did it and everything is different on this phone..

Also, does anyone know if our camera has a zoom?! I cannot find it anywhere!!

Default Re: NOTE 3 - How to turn off email alert notifications if possible?!

Click on gmail, settings, click your email address, uncheck notifications. Done.

To zoom in and out, pinch screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    thoughtiwasnuts likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by LosingMyMind View Post
    Click on gmail, settings, click your email address, uncheck notifications. Done.

To zoom in and out, pinch screen.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
    omg I hit general settings! I didn't know the email was a setting as well! THANKS A BUNCH!!
    LosingMyMind likes this.

I'm responding to the question about how to zoom in camera mode. Use the volume rockers to zoom in and out while in camera mode on the Samsung Note 3.

Hi. I have already unchecked the notifications box in settings for Gmail, as LosingMyMind (hat suits your avatar - smile) recommended.
    Yet the notification sounds continue on my Note 3. There is an obvious occurrence with my situation: When the notice sounds, there is, indeed, another piece of mail just arrived. Sound and delivery "seem" to be in-concert. Anyone have any thoughts??
    Thanks/Ron

UPDATE:
    This does it! (Verizon)
    Gmail™ Notifications - Samsung Galaxy Note 3

• From a home screen, select Apps Applications icon located in the lower right).
    • From the Apps tab, select Google.
    • Then select Gmail.
    • From an Inbox, select Menu Menu button icon (located at the bottom).
    • Select Settings.
    • Select the appropriate account.
    • Select Notifications to enable or disable.
    • Note Enabled when a check mark is present.
    • With Notifications enabled:
    • Select Inbox sound & vibrate.
    • Select Label notifications to enable or disable.
    • With Label notifications enabled:
    • Select Sound.
    • Select a ringtone then select OK.
    • Note To disable ringtone, ensure Silent is selected.
    • Select Vibrate to enable or disable.
    • Select Notify for every message to enable or disable.

Hope this help!
    Last edited by subtext; 02-11-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Better advice
    Thanked by:
    thoughtiwasnuts likes this.

Thanks very much for the detailed instructions. I just converted from iPhone and although I love my Note3, I am finding that Android is not nearly as intuitive as iOS, so I'm having a hard time figuring out how to do things.

Thank you thank you thank you....couldnt work out why it was still making a darn sound and the instructions came in french!!! Real helpful..i have the upgraded N9005 version and the easy instructions didnt quite cut it lol i simply love this device..would NEVER have an Iphone...This is soooo incredibly awesome! Thanks for the help - you're a champion

Red face Re: NOTE 3 - How to turn off email alert notifications if possible?!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! So easy yet so hard to find.

I tried this and it didn't work for me. Any thoughts/suggestions? Thank you!!!