Navigation voice...

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I remember in an older version of Google maps where the navigation voice sounded like Charlie Browns teacher. Gradually it was switched over to the much more pleasant Google Now voice. And finally it was all the Google Now voice. But on the Note 3 I have the weird voice back, am I the only one? Is there a way to fix it?

Posted via Android Central App

Sandman64

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Thought it was only me. But yes it sounds like the voice of a 1st or 2nd generation primitive GPS. GOOGLE PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Keegen

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't own a N3, yet, but I have seen people in other forms talk about downloading a better voice pack from Samsung. Sounds like the option is in the settings somewhere.

Posted from my Note 2 using Tapa talk 4

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Go into setting.》language and input..》text to speech and listen to the voice sample. .

After you listen to the sample it will ask if you want to download and install the hd voice proceed through the prompts and enjoy a much better sounding voice.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hm that sounds better, but it's still not the voice from Google Now, I guess it will suffice.

Thanks.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
As soon as I got me phone I kept getting an update from Samsung to go get a new digital hi quality voice. I got rid of the alert about 4 times until I finally did the download. It was from the Samsung store.. Now I have this incredible awesome clear sexy female voice for everything on my phone

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

Cole Wilkerson

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I remember in an older version of Google maps where the navigation voice sounded like Charlie Browns teacher. Gradually it was switched over to the much more pleasant Google Now voice. And finally it was all the Google Now voice. But on the Note 3 I have the weird voice back, am I the only one? Is there a way to fix it?

Go to settings 》my device 》language and input 》text to speech options 》select google text-to-speech

ballisticn8

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
She's probably locked under such a restricting contract she can't talk in public. More than that if Samsung did that is just be even more for Apple lawyers to target.

sent from my thumbs...

Vizarat Gowher

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the similar issue with Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I was able to rectify by downloading US Femal HD voice an 86MD download. You have to go under settings> Controls (Tab) > Language and input > Text-to-Speech options >Samsung text-to-speech (gear Icon) > Install voice data. It gives you an option to download the following from Samsung and auto install.

Samsung TTS US English Female High Quality‏
Samsung TTS US English Female High Quality | Utilities | Samsung Apps | Samsung Content & Services

Lets see if this works for you.

Good luck

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon