Question on activating the Verizon Note 3

runamuck0870

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
So I already have an iPhone 5. Don't have unlimited, so no concerns with that. But I'd really like the ability to move between my iPhone 5 and the Note 3 on occasion, as I don't plan on selling the iPhone.

Both devices have a SIM. I have a nano-sim adapter and have used it with the iPhone 5 sim when I swap out to an older HTC device. But this is the first time I'm buying a new Android device on my iPhone line.

I'm aware that voice mail/visual voice mail doesn't quite translate between the two devices and can live with that limitation, but I want to know if its easy to switch between the two "on the fly" and, if so, do I just swap out SIM's (using the Nano adapter from the iPhone to get it to fit into the Note 3), or do I have to call Verizon each time and activate one device while deactivating the other?

For that matter, should I activate the Note 3 when I get it, or just put my iPhone SIM in there and let the SIM handle the activation for me?

Pretty new to this particular scenario, but seeing so many of you hop between devices so frequently, hoping someone can help with advice. Thanks.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
You should be fine letting the Sim handle the activation just swap them out and you should be good.

FaTROBoT97

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I've never seen this sim adapter from the bazillion activations I do --- how old was the HTC phone you used with the adapter. Verizon uses a micro sim and the smaller one. (We still have the large one for real old phones but we don't see them very often, usually reserved for older Jetpacks and USB Modems) I know you can swap sims if both phones are on the same line at will but I don't know about that adapter. You would have to bring it in to a store and have them try it. (Though I do know that Droid MicroSims are NFC and iPhone sims are not and the DROID micro sims will not work in an iPhone 5/5c/5s)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol