Could not download due to error 500.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The phone is charging (left on overnight for large video download) so haven't tried it there yet.

But I notice all the phones reporting issues were Samsung's & my LG, - Edit, and a Moto X on Sprint,- and all the reported carriers were VZW and Sprint/BoostMobile. Anyone have this happen on any other manufacturer's device, on a different carrier?

Sent via Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's back with no effort on my part (other than posting here).

I still think it's interesting almost all of us are either on Verizon or Sprint carriers. The only other problem I've had is difficulty downloading large files from a different web site.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Nate Schwartz

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the same issue yesterday using straight talk with an AT&T sim. I tried all the delete cache and delete google account tricks but nothing worked. What I finally did actually was install the latest version of google play from a downloaded apk and that fixed it right away for me. Sounds like maybe it would have fixed itself after awhile anyway though.

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
It's back with no effort on my part (other than posting here).

I still think it's interesting almost all of us are either on Verizon or Sprint carriers. The only other problem I've had is difficulty downloading large files from a different web site.

I have att. I haven't experienced it today though.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I have att. I haven't experienced it today though.

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

Thank you, and the poster before you, for the reports. I was wondering if it was mostly a Sprint and Verizon problem but sounds like it wasn't. :)

I was trying to figure out if it was a carrier problem or a Google Play problem and seems now like the latter.

Sent via Tapatalk 2

DorothyP

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had various errors for a few days that clear by themselves. 500 series, 900 etc. Glad to see it's the play store and not my connectivity.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you've got enough space about 2 gb. On galaxy note 10.1 an error 500 sloved

It's Google's servers error. When their servers go down, which likely is happening again now due to lots of interest/traffic looking for Nexus 5 ordering and info.

izor

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
facebook update stop on 2mb downloaded and got error 500 ,
but i try again and show error 495
but to download or update the other apps, the error not show again.

maybe the problem is the facebook app

Last edited:

christec

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
For me I just needed to completely sing into a gmail account that I recently created before downloading apps. I went to internet, confirmed the email and I went back to app store and download the thing. It was a login account issue in my case.