Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AgentScribe
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Note 3 speaker is so weak!

This is by far the biggest disappointment I have with the Note 3. The speaker is even weaker than that of the S4. I never had an Note 2 so I can't compare. The S4 speaker was good for it size so I expected the same louder performance on the Note 3. I play games a lot and watch movies so speaker loudness and quality is important. I only really put on my earphones on when I listen to music.

Samsung skipping out on quality parts?

Default Re: Note 3 speaker is so weak!

Mine sounds better than a 1,000 dollar stereo system

Tappin From My N3
    Thanked by:

so far no complaints on sound quality or volume.

Posted via Android Central App
    BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com
    jakedsnake and crester like this.

Yeah, it's not very loud. Get used to the headphones.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I was able to improve speaker loudness a degree by disabling the MusicFX app. Not sure why this works but my speaker is noticeably louder than before disabling MusicFX. BTW, the sound equalizer settings in the stock Samsung Music app are still fully functional. Hope this helps some people.

Posted via Android Central App

I would imagine it's because of the location of the speaker...not that the location itself is the problem, but the area where the speaker is placed is too small to use the same type of speaker used on the S4 and the Note 2 (which was indeed fuller sounding). The one upside to the Note 3 is that you can set the phone down on a surface and not block sound output. I share your disappointment though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Nguyen2 View Post
    This is by far the biggest disappointment I have with the Note 3. The speaker is even weaker than that of the S4. I never had an Note 2 so I can't compare. The S4 speaker was good for it size so I expected the same louder performance on the Note 3. I play games a lot and watch movies so speaker loudness and quality is important. I only really put on my earphones on when I listen to music.

Samsung skipping out on quality parts?

It was a weakness in most of the reviews on the review sites. From playing around with a demo it seemed like okay. Compared to the DROID line which I think have a really loud speaker the Note 3 is average. Hopefully next year more developers take a page out of HTC's design and develop stereo sound up front.