Lag opening home screen.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Is any one having a lag of about 3 or 4 seconds in waking up the screen for stand by ? When I press either the power or home button to wake up the phone to the lock screen it takes about 3 or 4 seconds for it to become active. :-\

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm no such issues here.. my screen wakes up just about instantly when I press either the power or home key buttons... wonder what could be causing that initial lag for you ?

Posted via Android Central App

crester

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is any one having a lag of about 3 or 4 seconds in waking up the screen for stand by ? When I press either the power or home button to wake up the phone to the lock screen it takes about 3 or 4 seconds for it to become active. :-\

Check any apps you may have installed that could be affecting the performance of the phone.

MaTtKs1

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Try disabling the Option for using the Home key to start S Voice in the S Voice settings.

If you use double tap Home for S Voice, you can always add an S Voice shortcut to your home screen.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
If it has been on stand by for a while, it will take some time however, the subsequent wake ups are quick. I just cleaned the partition cache and I am going to see if that helps any.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Try disabling the Option for using the Home key to start S Voice in the S Voice settings.

If you use double tap Home for S Voice, you can always add an S Voice shortcut to your home screen.

Coming from an S4 is the first thing I did with the Note3, I don't like S-Voice therefore I don't use it but it is not only with the home button, it also happens with the power key.

lbccpt

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the option on call settings to have the power button end calls and the home button to answer calls? Try disabling this and see if it helps. I noticed the awake lag also and I'm trying to remedy it.

If it has been on stand by for a while, it will take some time however, the subsequent wake ups are quick. I just cleaned the partition cache and I am going to see if that helps any.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the option on call settings to have the power button end calls and the home button to answer calls? Try disabling this and see if it helps. I noticed the awake lag also and I'm trying to remedy it.
I don't have power or home button ending my phone calls...so that is not the case......... there got to be something else........the home button has the Magazine attached to it......and I can understand that it might delay from there just like S-Voice used to do it with the S4.....but how about the power button that it has nothing attached to it............

Cuzo13

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

I've been having the same issue lately. Very frustrating. Hope someone has a fix for this soon. I didn't start having the issue until after the most recent OTA update.

Hawkhe

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
It gets really annoying trying to quickly check time or a notification and having that 4 second wait. I had this problem before I installed the first app and I even turned flipboard and svoice off.

YuSH412

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My gf had this problem and we were really frustrated with it. Read somewhere that taking out the sdcard fixes it. Tried that and sure enough it was fixed so maybe you guys can give that a try. Cheers

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I saw in another thread, suggested by Eclipse2K to remove the SD card and see if the lag persists.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

steewped

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to leave a bit of feedback, I had a 32gb card and turns out it went bad...Removed it and the lag went away. Confirmed this by putting into another note 3 and had the same lag on that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois