Camera is it good? As good as S4 and G2?

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I am about to return my G2 for the Note 3 tomorrow. Camera is important to me. I love Android and will be forever stuck on Verizon. I liked the G2. Looking for the bigger screen though. The S4 has been my daily driver and other than the stuttering, has been good for me. Just hoping the Note 3 camera equals the S4 and G2. Or at least comes in a very close second.

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I would say it equals the S4, but the G2 camera is much better in my opinion. I wasn't too impressed with the Note 3's camera in anything other than great lighting. It's the main reason I returned my Note 3...

Galaxia

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I wasn't impressed with the g2 camera. Even in decent lighting, I couldn't get clear shots. I've had several smart phones and s4 has been my favorite as far as camera. I hope the note 3 has equal or better because I want that phone!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I would say it equals the S4, but the G2 camera is much better in my opinion. I wasn't too impressed with the Note 3's camera in anything other than great lighting. It's the main reason I returned my Note 3...

The G2 seems to have issues with moving objects and white balance. I am getting a lot of blown out whites (much more than on the S4). Compared to the S4 I find the G2 can take a better pic (especially low light)...but it is REAL inconsistent compared to the S4.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't impressed with the g2 camera. Even in decent lighting, I couldn't get clear shots. I've had several smart phones and s4 has been my favorite as far as camera. I hope the note 3 has equal or better because I want that phone!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk now Free

I think it CAN take a better shot than the S4. But it does not do so on a consistent basis. Hoping Note 3 at least matches both of them.

benleclair

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how varied people's opinions are, but I guess the beauty of pictures is definitely something that is in the eye of the beholder. :) I think that just proves the best thing is to try the camera for a few days and see what results you get.

I'd hope the Note 3 can match the S4, doesn't it have the same sensor? Not sure why they made some tweaks like removing Night mode on the Note 3 software.

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I too am taking my G2 back for the N3, i had a G2 i got from bestbuy when i came out. the battery was horrible, and the camera was slow at snapping shots, not good at low light. i took it back. then (yes i' crazy) a week later got another G2 from verizon. this one was much better, battery all day, and camera was better. The issues i have with the camera is it still seemed slow with moving objects, and real slow with flash shots?? yesterday i noticed when zoomed in on a shot it didnt really focus...weird?.
I played with an AA&T G3 at bestbuy and the camera seemed snappy and focused real quick, like the S4 (which i also had) i also don't like having to switch modes on the G2 to get burstmode...on the S4 & N3 its able to turn off/on as a setting, not a different mode...i also really liked the drama shot on the S4/N3...just my 2 cents....

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure why they made some tweaks like removing Night mode on the Note 3 software.

the nite mode was there on the AT&T N3, ill have to wait till tomorrow to hope VZW didn't hose it....i'v seen on one review that the N3 would 'process" every shot, cause the nitemode was enabled by default....

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I too am taking my G2 back for the N3, i had a G2 i got from bestbuy when i came out. the battery was horrible, and the camera was slow at snapping shots, not good at low light. i took it back. then (yes i' crazy) a week later got another G2 from verizon. this one was much better, battery all day, and camera was better. The issues i have with the camera is it still seemed slow with moving objects, and real slow with flash shots?? yesterday i noticed when zoomed in on a shot it didnt really focus...weird?.
I played with an AA&T G3 at bestbuy and the camera seemed snappy and focused real quick, like the S4 (which i also had) i also don't like having to switch modes on the G2 to get burstmode...on the S4 & N3 its able to turn off/on as a setting, not a different mode...i also really liked the drama shot on the S4/N3...just my 2 cents....

That was not 2 cents...that was at least 10 bucks!! Thanks!!

BeRich

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Demo it at a store. It comes with filters already in the camera app, pretty nifty. Here's a picture of my cat taken with my Note 3 with one of the stock camera's filters and no other editing:

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't the Note 3 have the image stabilization the Galaxy S4 didn't? I could have swarm I read they added that as well as a few other enhancements to get better pictures.

arken21

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
i got the note 3 for couple days already, the picture quality is very very bad when in dark area..guess i will return it and exchange a new one

bitfidelity

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Umm, why are people expecting high-end DSLR low-ISO performance out of a phone camera? There's a reason why I use my D800e for photos.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I had both the S4 and now the Note 3....I say both cameras are great in my opinion. I haven't had any issues with either. As far as my Note 3 camera...it's great! I have no complaints.

Posted via Android Central App

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It is a "digital stabilization" not true OIS.

I am not sure of the difference do to my lack of knowledge of camera technology, I just though I read it was improved over the S4 is all with some kind of stabilization. Any explanation of the difference between digital stabilization and true OIS would be great. It is an improvement right?

buenos

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure of the difference do to my lack of knowledge of camera technology, I just though I read it was improved over the S4 is all with some kind of stabilization. Any explanation of the difference between digital stabilization and true OIS would be great. It is an improvement right?

true OIS is hardware, the lens acutually moves....
here you go....can't explian it any better!

LG G2 Chicken ad explains OIS Camera. - YouTube