04-10-2016 07:18 AM
- I've had this problem from day one and now it's really starting to bug me. I have to manually refresh my inboxes (two Hotmail accounts, one Gmail account) to get new emails to show which also means no notifications like I should be getting when one comes in. I never had this problem with my Note 2 so I don't know what settings need to be enabled to get emails on my phone automatically. Help me out here?10-09-2013 12:01 PM
- I've had this problem from day one and now it's really starting to bug me. I have to manually refresh my inboxes (two Hotmail accounts, one Gmail account) to get new emails to show which also means no notifications like I should be getting when one comes in. I never had this problem with my Note 2 so I don't know what settings need to be enabled to get emails on my phone automatically. Help me out here?
Posted via Android Central App10-09-2013 08:44 PM
- I've had this problem from day one and now it's really starting to bug me. I have to manually refresh my inboxes (two Hotmail accounts, one Gmail account) to get new emails to show which also means no notifications like I should be getting when one comes in. I never had this problem with my Note 2 so I don't know what settings need to be enabled to get emails on my phone automatically. Help me out here?10-16-2013 09:17 PM
Posted via Android Central App10-17-2013 04:02 AM
Edit: I deleted the accounts and set them up again, didn't fix the issue.10-17-2013 12:30 PM
- 10-17-2013 06:42 PM
- Berich, if all else fails, set the settings the way you think should work. Turn the phone off and back on. I've been crazy with a few things that I just couldn't get to work. I'd turn the phone off at night. The next morning, voila, it was working like it should have. So now it's my standard solution and 9 times out of 10 it seems to fix it. It's almost like the Note doesn't recognize some of the new settings until it does a power on.
EDIT: Left my phone off all night. No luck. I still have to manually refresh to get new emails.10-17-2013 07:47 PM
- Check the following path and set to whatever increment works best for you.
Open mail> settings > Account settings > select account > "more settings" at the bottom of page > Folder sync settings > choose a folder > sync schedule > choose interval
I hope this works for you, it did for me.
Edit: I went back and added another Hotmail account to check a few things. Did you select "All" in Account Options at the "Periods to sync Email" option? It defaults to "Automatic". I dont really trust Automatic to do what I want it to do.
Posted via Android Central App10-17-2013 08:25 PM
- I have the same issue, and I think this is a major bug. Here's what I've found out so far. If I delete the account, and set it up fresh, then reboot, push will work for about an hour. Then, it goes back to this buggy behavior. Nothing syncs until I manually refresh. It won't even pull at intervals I set, so the only way is to check email is to manually press sync button. I've reset, did factory restore, etc, but always ends up with the same result. This is 2013, and can't believe the flagship device of android can't push email. And this is one area in which I miss my iPhone. Hope someone can figure this out, or Samsung will post a fix soon.10-17-2013 11:11 PM
- Do you all have the power saving on?
I was suspecting power saving increases sync interval. Also, make sure sync is on.
Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app
EDIT: No luck. Even did a battery pull. I don't understand what the issue is. My Note 2 NEVER had this problem. All the settings for each account are set to push. This is ridiculous.
Posted via Android Central App10-18-2013 09:30 AM
- I was having the same problem until I tried this:
Settings/Account settings/Choose account/Sync Settings/Size to retrieve emails <== set to All as long as you are OK with this.
It appears that sync stops at the total downloaded amount of the size setting.
As a secondary comment, upgraded from a Galaxy S1, Android 2.3 to the Note a week ago: I need the stylus for my work and do not want to carry a tablet as well.
I have not used any other current generation Android phones so this is a comment in isolation but I have never encountered such a horrible user interface mess before in my life. Is this typical of current generation Android devices?
And, prior to the ROM software push I received less than two days ago, the most unreliable communication device I have used in 20 years. At least with the ROM update I can connect to the network most of the time now...
Hoping things get better as I slog through the manual.10-18-2013 11:40 PM
Posted via Android Central App10-19-2013 10:50 AM
from my '14 Note 10.110-19-2013 03:14 PM
- This is clearly a bug. I have the Note 3 as well and am experiencing the same problem. Email will only load manually BUT ONLY if I overscroll the bottom of the message list which displays a notification that more messages are being loaded. Pressing the sync buttons does nothing. I've done everything suggested and then some to try and sort this out. I went to the Verizon store as well and asked them to set up my account on another Note 3. The same issue. Samsung claims that no one has reported this issue to them. I insisted that Verizon log the bug. I installed K-9 Mail in the meantime, a suitable replacment to the native email program but with many more features. It works flawlessly, so for the time being, I'm satisfied. I'll be contacting Samsung again to insist they list the bug and we will hopefully get it resolved with the next Android update.11-06-2013 11:23 AM
- I think I have the answer... you can enable master sync by going into pull down notifications and going to far right icon looks like a window and highlight sync icon so it's green... that should work and I think it has on my phone.
Edit: That seems have done the trick... hope the info above helps out.
@CoachTaff11-07-2013 04:43 AMLike 5
- I contacted Samsung support about this and again they said the issue has not been reported.
This are the solutions they gave to me, it did not work for me, maybe it will for you
Dear Ernesto Melendez,
Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.
After reviewing your E-Mail, we understand that you are experiencing issues while syncing E-Mails on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 device(SM-N900T).
We are sorry to inform you that as of now there are no reported issues with the device. However, please perform few troubleshooting steps and check with the result.
Make sure that you are using the default E-Mail application that came along with your phone. Please confirm if the issue is with all the E-Mail accounts configured on your phone or with any particular E-Mail account. Remove and re configure that E-Mail account and check with the result. Follow the steps below to remove E-Mail account from your phone.
From Home Screen, tap on Menu >> Settings >> General >> Accounts >> Tap on E-Mail >> Tap on the listed E-Mail accounts >> Remove Account.
After removing the E-Mail Account, please re configure it from the default E-Mail application and check with the result.
If the issue persists, please perform a Soft reset on the device which will refresh the internal circuitry of the device and the data on the device will not be erased.
1. Turn off the handset.
2. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.
3. Reinsert the battery and turn ON the device.
If the issue persists even after a Soft reset, we request you to Clear the cache partition of the device. By performing these steps the data on the phone will not be erased, only the temporary files, bugs will be removed. We will provide you with the steps.
1. Power the device off (remove and re-insert the battery).
2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
3. When the device vibrates; release only the Power key.
4. When the Android system recovery menu displays; release the Volume Up and the Home key.
5. Navigate with the Volume keys to the wipe cache partition option and press the Power key to select.
6. After the process completes, press the Power key to reboot system now.
Perform the above steps and check with the result. Request you to write back to us for further assistance confirming from where you are exactly clicking on PUSH to sync E-Mails.
Please feel free to get back to us if you have any further queries. We will be glad to assist you.
Should you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone, you can also reach out to our chat support team by accessing the following link. Live Chat is available 24 hours a day. 7 days a week.
Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
Technical Support11-16-2013 06:51 AM
- 11-28-2013 01:27 AM
- By barakbarlevi in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 11-03-2013, 10:13 AM
- By ismaelish2 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 5Last Post: 10-11-2013, 09:29 AM
- By NEIL CHARLES ROBERTS in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google EditionReplies: 4Last Post: 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM
- By sassyandkim in forum Android AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-09-2013, 01:55 PM
- By NJRonbo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD