Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Who is going to a Verizon Store tomorrow? Will you take what you can get color-wise? or hold fast?

I'll be at mine. 9:45. I really really want a black. White will be a game day decision if they dont have a black one.

Default Re: Who is going to a Verizon Store tomorrow? Will you take what you can get color-wise? or hold fas

I just got my white.. It's awesome! You will enjoy it for sure.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    kilofoxtrot likes this.

Default Re: Who is going to a Verizon Store tomorrow? Will you take what you can get color-wise? or hold fas

I'm not sure what time I should be there. I think I will be at the mall around 9am and waiting the parking lot. Once cars start to park I will go in. Plan on getting a black Note 3, then driving across the street to Best Buy to grab the galaxy gear with my employee discount.

Carrier
    CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    I just got my white.. It's awesome! You will enjoy it for sure.

It's funny I ordered a white like my GS4, but after playing with a black one today....I think I may be exchanging the moment it gets here.

Going for black also. Hopefully they sell it to me full price and not keep the phones for just upgrades and new customers. I've heard of them doing it to some people on the forums for other phones.

Posted via Android Central App

can they really keep people from buying them outright? I mean I'm still paying them monthly for the service. You would think they would rather make the $747.24, than the $330.00.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Tysonsaurus View Post
    Going for black also. Hopefully they sell it to me full price and not keep the phones for just upgrades and new customers. I've heard of them doing it to some people on the forums for other phones.

I will throw the mother of all hissy-fits if they do that to me. In fact, I will practice my hissy-fit tonight just in case it happens.
    Shane Newbanks likes this.

I am going to pick mine up in the Morning at Verizon Store. Black.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Newbanks View Post
    can they really keep people from buying them outright? I mean I'm still paying them monthly for the service. You would think they would rather make the $747.24, than the $330.00.
    You would think.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    I will throw the mother of all hissy-fits if they do that to me. In fact, I will practice my hissy-fit tonight just in case it happens.
    Perhaps I should do the same, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kilofoxtrot View Post
    That's hilarious favorite post of the day.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4

Tomorrow at the store they will because Verizon is about making money. They can not make money if you buy it out right. Those of us that wanted to buy it out right should of pre-ordered. I pre-ordered through my friend at the store. From what I am hearing is that tomorrow it will be hard to buy a phone out right on day one unless you did it already at Verizon. Those phones that are at the store are for contracts and those on the Edge programs 1st then those who want to buy it out right. Atleast that is what they are doing in my local store. Each store is different.

I'm getting mine at the store, in black, and at around 12:30. Can't get there earlier sadly.

I am going to my local Verizon first thing tomorrow morning. I plan on picking up the white version - a first for me - always gotten black before. I already snagged the gear at BB earlier this week - redeemed my reward dollars! After comparing both I liked the front of the white better than the black. I always put a case on my phone as I'm destructive lol so the back doesn't matter so much to me.

I ordered mine online, got over night shipping thrown in, so I will have it Friday. I went with black

Correction.....just got shipping email, will be here tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4
    RBChamp likes this.

Is anyone doing the edge program? I bought mine with the upgrade, and gave up unlimited data. Part of that was so my wife and I could get off our parents plans. Even with streaming music and GPS some of the time, I was not running enough data to make an out right purchase of the phone. And Edge to me seemed like a rip off. If you could have gotten different pricing on the phone and data plan, maybe. Otherwise I see it as paying for the phone twice, since its the same rate as those getting it subsidized and it being paid back over the time with the pricing structure.

Granted I don't have to have a new phone every year.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Quote Originally Posted by Preach2k View Post
    Tomorrow at the store they will because Verizon is about making money. They can not make money if you buy it out right. Those of us that wanted to buy it out right should of pre-ordered. I pre-ordered through my friend at the store. From what I am hearing is that tomorrow it will be hard to buy a phone out right on day one unless you did it already at Verizon. Those phones that are at the store are for contracts and those on the Edge programs 1st then those who want to buy it out right. Atleast that is what they are doing in my local store. Each store is different.
    Each store is different is the key. However, in my experience, I have bought full retail phones from 3 different corporate stores in my area on launch day and have NEVER been denied. If Verizon was about "making money", then they wouldn't let you pay full retail on the web either. They are the same store.

Authorized Retailers.... now thats a different story.

Global Posts
    602 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

I will be at mine at 9AM when it opens and should be able to get the first black one...
    Doing the upgrade swap and equipment exchange to keep my discounted unlimited lines...

It depends on the store. I have had this happen to me with AT&T for a previous device. I went to another AT&T store that was more than willing to sell the device at full-price.

Technically they can deny anyone for any reason... Although they shouldn't.

I'll be at my local Verizon at 9:15, but I spoke to the store manager today who is holding a black one for me.

Bluehair62 likes this.

I called my local store... They have 25 units. 16 of them in black. I will be there at 10:00 to get mine.

I really hope it meets the hugh hype I have been hoping for... I can't last too many more hours on my Blackberry.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehair62 View Post
    I called my local store... They have 25 units. 16 of them in black. I will be there at 10:00 to get mine.

I really hope it meets the hugh hype I have been hoping for... I can't last too many more hours on my Blackberry.
    Who is Hugh Hype??????

Just picked mine up, in and out in 10 minutes. No lines at the store. $299.99, no mail in rebate.

Im sitting outside the Verizon store right now. Thought there might be a line but guess not. Waiting till 10am central for them to open up so another hour. then heading to Best Buy to pick up the gear
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast