I was under the impression after 4.0 you couldn't put apps on SD cards any more.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Samsung resurrected the code after all the hate on the s4 and 8 GB of free storage

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

semp1

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
But I thought Google by default didn't allow it. So Samsung devices allow you to save onto SD cards?

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3

Dronak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a topic I've kept close track of, but as far as I know, you're right. Google did something with the newest versions of Android to prevent apps from being move to the SD card. It looks like Samsung has found some way around it though, because I did hear about an update providing such App2SD support to the Galaxy S4, and my Note 3 has this ability as well. I don't know how many of Samsung's devices provide this feature; I've only heard about it for the S4, which I was considering for a while, and Note 3, which I ended up buying.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
It's a Samsung deal to stop the whining about how little memory was left on there devices. They did it for s4 but didn't know it was in note 3. It's still not perfect most app devolpers haven't updated for the change. So unless a app dev updates his app don't expect it to work.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I purchased The Dark Knight Rises maybe a year ago but never downloaded to my Note 2 due to the 2 GB size. Now that I can save that 2 GB to my SD card, I've downloaded in on my N3 and it runs great! Here's to native Apps 2 SD support!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie