How do you guys use this beast?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have always been a fan of the Note series. I've had each phone but for one reason or another didn't keep it. Currently I'm using an iPhone 5s and while I love it for how fast it is and how well it integrates with everything for me I am still intrigued by the Note 3 for obvious reasons. My question for you guys though is how do you use the phone? Do you just do daily phone stuff like texting and browsing or do you use the S Pen a lot for jotting down notes or contact info? Do you watch movies on the big screen or color pictures using 3rd party apps in conjunction with the Pen? I always get the Notes saying I'm going to use this feature or that feature but I never do. Let me know what awesome things you do, even if it's just text and browse :)

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have always been a fan of the Note series. I've had each phone but for one reason or another didn't keep it. Currently I'm using an iPhone 5s and while I love it for how fast it is and how well it integrates with everything for me I am still intrigued by the Note 3 for obvious reasons. My question for you guys though is how do you use the phone? Do you just do daily phone stuff like texting and browsing or do you use the S Pen a lot for jotting down notes or contact info? Do you watch movies on the big screen or color pictures using 3rd party apps in conjunction with the Pen? I always get the Notes saying I'm going to use this feature or that feature but I never do. Let me know what awesome things you do, even if it's just text and browse :)

I use it from everything that I would any other phone and more.

For me I am a network admin and we use citrix (virtual machines) to connect to our desktops. WIth this phone the screen size and the stylus make me feel really close to production level of sitting at my desk.

That and movies and gaming is awesome on it!

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Watch netflix, use scrapbook for taking notes, reading, blogging, surfing, working, managing my website the list goes on and on..my iPad is lying on the charger or the kids play on it. Switched from apple iPhone 5 this year used all models since it was introduced. Finally got really really bored with the screen and iOS eco system and lack of customisations. I don't think their is any way I can go back. This device is simply a beast that's all I can day. Their is so much customizations and what I want to do rather then what is enforced on me....

Posted via Android Central App

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I replaced a tablet and a phone with the Note 3. I watch movies. make heavy use of Evernote, it's my daily carry camera, some gaming, calendaring with my teenage kids, research, hike (gps, maps, route info). I've dabbled with teh Spen. I have some thoughs on doing some redlining of some diagrams and other such things with the S pen.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I watch alot of movies, Netflix and listen to alot of sirius radio. Play games and anything I need to do on Internet. I also like to draw

THE BEAST,,NOTE 3. SIZE IS EVERYTHING!!!

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Just typed up my schools project report and printed my rough draft. Will do some editing tomorrow before my final print. This phone has handled everything I've given it...movies, project reports, creating flyers for my organization, etc The list can go on and on. This phone is amazeballs!!!

i love my note 3 until 4 comes along now Free

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
I use everything. Love using memo and scrapbook for news about my favourite sports it's great.

use S pen for posting twitter news.

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I use it when I'm away from home for just about everything I can do on my desktop as long as it doesn't involve heavy typing. If I want to save any information for future purchases, etc., I put it on an S-note. It's wonderful whenever I'm out and about to have everything literally at hand from measurements for something or lists of things to look for in any given store or category. I wasn't used to using apps at all when I got the Note 1. But when I realized how useful it was to write things on an S-note rather than forget the list at home or get back from Home Depot and realize I'd totally forgotten that I've been needing special light bulbs. It's really made me much more efficient, saved me a lot of money too. And my purse is much lighter, no need for tons of printouts or scraps of paper. If you think about every time you think "I have to remember that" or go by a store and you know there's something you wanted from there but can't remember what..... And if you do any research on the web at all, it's so nice to just put the information you want onto an S-Note and the new scrapbook feature is just awesome. I thought I'd have my first Note forever 'cause how could anyone make a phone better than that! Then came multi-view windows, and now there's multi tasking with a bunch of tools running at once. If you give it a serious trial, and just reach for the S-pen instead of a bic or trust your memory, I think you'd really be pleased with how useful the Note can be.

RusticKey

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Scrapbook, flipboard, reading, browsing, watching, playing, music, you know, the usual smartphone stuff.
I always use the s pen as a pointing device and also I use the pen window and action memo a lot.
I'll always use this phone to the fullest potential it can deliver because of the monster battery life.

Sent from my SM-N900 using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Everything you use another phone for.. Is why I do. Emails, movies, music, text, calling, etc.

It really isn't to odd to hold when calling... May be just me. I always held phones with 2 fingers and the 3rd on the back... And that works well with this phone :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

LunatiqueRob

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
With the power of apps, there are tons of stuff a per son can do besides the typical stuff people already know (and have mentioned in this thread). And the bigger screen/S Pen only makes some of those things easier or more fun.

For example, musicians can compose, record, and mix music with music-production apps (although the options are far more robust on the iOS ecosystem, due to how bad Android's audio latency is). You can record/edit podcasts too.

Writers can write novels with dedicated writer's apps.

Artists can draw and paint with professional art apps. (Most Note users have no idea that the Notes are using professional level pressure sensitivity from Wacom's technology. Samsung doesn't advertise this as a selling point for some reason, when it is in fact a huge deal, considering that the Note is basically like a mini Cintiq).

Serious photographers can use high-end photo-editing apps to do digital darkroom work.

For non-creative people, there are so much you can do too, since today's smartphones are basically smaller computers. You can do things like:

Time/Project management with dedicated apps, for both professional and personal life.

Collect and create recipe for cooking.

Do research on the web whenever and wherever.

Take photos of important stuff and keep them as records with you--official documents, credit card info, car registration, business cards, etc. And there are apps that can protect your data with encryption/password.

My wife and I often just use the phone's camera and snap a shot of an address/phone numbers that's on the TV/computer screen, so we don't have to jot it down or type it out. This is extremely handy when we need to go out and is in a hurry. This method is also extremely useful when we snap photos of broken items we ned to shop replacement solution/parts for. We just go to the store and show the staff the photos, instead of lugging in the item itself.

There are apps that track how much exercise you are getting, and what you've been eating.

There are apps for just about anything--for bar tenders, chemists, doctors, mechanics, programmers--it's all about how smart and resourceful you are as a person. Sure, you can just watch movies and play games and surf the web with your smartphone, but you can do far, far more with it.

Gbsa

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the note 2, my main reason for getting it was the bigger screen & stylus. I take cc payments on it much better then using a regular sized phone.

sent from my fabulous galaxy note 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Off topic... OP you got a husky as well? (noticed your profile picture) :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

spunkmeijer

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I bought this phone mostly for business use because my company is BYOD (bring your own device). I use the S-pen for jotting down notes in meetings, I use the multi view for web applications and business emails. I use the heck out of air view in emails to prioritize importance. I use VPN when I am mobile. I use Screen mirroring for presentations or mobile computing.

As far as personal use, I am a huge fan of the IR blaster for remote controlling various devices. I have tested out a few remote control apps because the stock one is pretty limited and has crashed on me a few times, just haven't found out that really sticks to me yet, willing to take suggestions with that one. I watch about 30 minutes of you tube daily, which look great on this phone. I would consider myself a bit of a power user and the battery life still gets me through an entire day from waking at 4am to bedtime at around 10pm with 20% left.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I use it from everything that I would any other phone and more.

For me I am a network admin and we use citrix (virtual machines) to connect to our desktops. WIth this phone the screen size and the stylus make me feel really close to production level of sitting at my desk.

That and movies and gaming is awesome on it!

You can use citrix on an android device? It never works for me

Sent from my *PURPLE* Galaxy S4

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
my goal when buying this device was to have an all-in-one device that would replace my tablet and give me added functionality with the S-pen. I even switched carriers because I wanted unlimited data because I knew I was going to need it. One of the best decisions I have made regarding a smartphone. I use it for work and play. I take a lot of notes with it at work and on the go. I use the S-pen constantly and the more I use it the better I get with it. At home, I watch a lot of movies, read books and magazines, listen to music,and play some games too. It is truly a complete device. I have no regrets thus far. And having unlimited data on this thing makes the experience that much better.

Sent from the baddest device on the planet, my Galaxy Note 3.

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Browse.. With Dolphin in landscape pulling desktop sites.

The screen is perfect for my monster hands as far as touch typing is concerned. I haven't watched much video...I don't even do that on my N7. I want to use the spen more but I haven't messed with it to much yet. Note 3 is kind of overkill for what I normally do but damn it's cool. Nice that my 4G data isn't bottlenecked by lousy specs anymore as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Watch netflix, use scrapbook for taking notes, reading, blogging, surfing, working, managing my website the list goes on and on..my iPad is lying on the charger or the kids play on it. Switched from apple iPhone 5 this year used all models since it was introduced. Finally got really really bored with the screen and iOS eco system and lack of customisations. I don't think their is any way I can go back. This device is simply a beast that's all I can day. Their is so much customizations and what I want to do rather then what is enforced on me....

Posted via Android Central App

What App do I need to run Netflix??

Thanks in advance..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463