Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Simple question. Just want to know how the Galaxy Gear fits into your life and how you guys like it!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Well

    Tappin From My N3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?-uploadfromtaptalk1381376058471.jpg  
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    I love it.

    Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk 4
  4. #4  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    By far the best accessory you can buy for the Note 3.

    Posted via Android Central App
    rajnet likes this.
  5. #5  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jtshurtleff View Post
    Simple question. Just want to know how the Galaxy Gear fits into your life and how you guys like it!
    The way the Gear fits into my life is that at 6 am I take both the Gear and the phone off the charger and connect them.

    After that, the Gear serves as the primary means by which I read all email, read and respond to text messages, answer incoming calls, take pictures, schedule and view appointments, and oh yes, tell the time.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by DAS; 10-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Fits in well. Saves taking the phone out everytime you want to see if you have any emails or messages. Handy for making and receiving calls
    Battery life is fine.
    I just wish it was compatable with 3rd party apps as I hare the stock message app
    DAS likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    The Galaxy Gear took 5 strokes off my golf game.
    bojackr1 and Spacemaker24 like this.
  8. #8  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default

    I ride a motorcycle to work sometimes, and today I got a chance to experience another way the Gear is so useful.

    While riding in this morning I was notified by the vibration on my wrist I had a text message. I tapped the Gear and saw my message and immediately knew I needed to pull over and call home.

    Before getting the Gear I would have not received the message until I got to work, got off the bike and then picked up my phone to check it.

    The Gear really saves the need to pick up the phone when you are out and about because so many times your hands are not free to fumble with the physical phone.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Algus, rajnet and amir iqbal79 like this.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    The way the Gear fits into my life is that at 6 am I take both the Gear and the phone off the charger and connect them.

    After that, the Gear serves as the primary means by which I read all email, read and respond to text messages, answer incoming calls, take pictures, schedule and view appointments, and oh yes, tell the time.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Do you get emails sent to your gear from the stock email app?
    I only get text messages

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  
    Sooks's Avatar

    Posts
    526 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    I have been really enjoying my Gear as well. Being in IT I am always reading text and emails and getting phone calls and it is nice to not have to carry the note 3 around the office everywhere to handle all of it when I can do it from my watch. I only get email alerts while using exchange through the stock app (which i am not a fan of because we use google apps) but it is worth it in order to have my emails on my phone.

    I have also been very happy with the speaker quality (dare I say it sounds better than my note 3 speaker) and people say I sound as if I was talking on my cell so I am happy with that.
    amir iqbal79 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    to start off I love the watch...

    but it does not fit my wrist it is very tight cutting off my circulation. I am not the biggest guy in the world so i think many others will have this same problem. i have talked to Samsung about this issue and they said that they had many complaints about this but that they will not make a product to increase the band size like a band extender. Samsung said it is up to the cellphone provider to make these accessories. Best buy will not take the watch back because it is fully functional and they blame it on Samsung for not providing a band size in there specs. So now i am stuck with a watch that i cant wear and cant return I hope a 3rd party comes out with a extender soon.

    Any suggestions???
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sooks View Post
    I have been really enjoying my Gear as well. Being in IT I am always reading text and emails and getting phone calls and it is nice to not have to carry the note 3 around the office everywhere to handle all of it when I can do it from my watch. I only get email alerts while using exchange through the stock app (which i am not a fan of because we use google apps) but it is worth it in order to have my emails on my phone.

    I have also been very happy with the speaker quality (dare I say it sounds better than my note 3 speaker) and people say I sound as if I was talking on my cell so I am happy with that.
    Could you be a bit more specific about how to setup things so I can get my email via the gear. I am using the stock email client with 2 email accounts being run through it. I have never received ant emails so far to my gear

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by amir iqbal79 View Post
    Could you be a bit more specific about how to setup things so I can get my email via the gear. I am using the stock email client with 2 email accounts being run through it. I have never received ant emails so far to my gear

    Posted via Android Central App
    Go to the Gear Manager on the Note 3, tap the word "Notification", then check-off the email app in order to receive email notifications on the Gear. Of course, Notifications should be set to "On", but it sounds like this is the case already.
    Thanked by:
    amir iqbal79 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    WoW- the gear is so much more useful now I can get my emails to it

    Thanks guys!!!!

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    I dont get txt on my Gear. I have handcent on my Note 3 but also have stock message app set to show notifications.
    Anyone else having issues with 3rd party apps or found away round this as I hate the stock app
  16. #16  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slatyford View Post
    I dont get txt on my Gear. I have handcent on my Note 3 but also have stock message app set to show notifications.
    Anyone else having issues with 3rd party apps or found away round this as I hate the stock app
    In order to use the Gear for text messages you'll have to forego using Handcent. The Gear is configured to only use Samsung's native email and messaging app.

    That being said, the convenience of having the messages, emails, and calls flowing through the Gear is so convenient that I doubt you'll miss the benefits of that 3rd party app. Primarily because you'll find you won't even pick up phone no where near as much as you do now to interact with the 3rd party app.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    I'm going to hold out for this specific accessory....





    Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?-get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    In the UK the Galaxy Gear is so over-priced at about 300 it does not represent good value. I would place it more in the 100 bracket, it has such limited functionality. It reminds me of one of the first LED watches in the 1970s. They cost a fortune just to tell the time. Within a year they were dirt cheap and every kid had one. I think the Gear will end up like that to a degree, if you wait it out the technology will improve immensely and the price will drop considerably. I wouldn't be surprised if a basic version of it ends up being bundled for free with every new phone within a couple of years.

    Just noted a massive variation in price in UK:- 275 to 400 depending on where you buy it online.
    Last edited by dakeb; 10-11-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    amir iqbal79 likes this.
  19. #19  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by dakeb View Post
    In the UK the Galaxy Gear is so over-priced at about 300 it does not represent good value. I would place it more in the 100 bracket, it has such limited functionality. It reminds me of one of the first LED watches in the 1970s. They cost a fortune just to tell the time. Within a year they were dirt cheap and every kid had one. I think the Gear will end up like that to a degree, if you wait it out the technology will improve immensely and the price will drop considerably. I wouldn't be surprised if a basic version of it ends up being bundled for free with every new phone within a couple of years.
    I understand your comment but actually how can you speak to its limits and value not having owned one?

    If you read the comments of those who actually HAVE the Gear you'll find a common theme; they find it a very useful and convenient accessory.

    Has the device reached its full potential, of course not. But this first attempt is actually very good, and while we know each version will undoubtedly improve upon the last one, that's not saying anything that could not be said for any product or service.

    Early adopters are willing to buy products and try them out. We comment, make suggestions, and even complain a little about this or that. Manufacturers listen and use that information to make it better the next time.

    However, if people were not willing to buy it and try it out then manufacturers wouldn't invest the time and money into making the products.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:
    dakeb 
    MLdroidN4 and rajnet like this.
  20. #20  
    Algus's Avatar

    Posts
    238 Posts
    Global Posts
    395 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Krezdorn View Post
    to start off I love the watch...

    but it does not fit my wrist it is very tight cutting off my circulation. I am not the biggest guy in the world so i think many others will have this same problem. i have talked to Samsung about this issue and they said that they had many complaints about this but that they will not make a product to increase the band size like a band extender. Samsung said it is up to the cellphone provider to make these accessories. Best buy will not take the watch back because it is fully functional and they blame it on Samsung for not providing a band size in there specs. So now i am stuck with a watch that i cant wear and cant return I hope a 3rd party comes out with a extender soon.

    Any suggestions???
    Huh, with all the talk of it really only fitting a larger wrist, I didn't think that'd be an issue. I'm a bigger guy too so this could be very annoying. I still want to pick one up though.

    No way to remove the band and replace with your own?

    Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk 4
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    I understand your comment but actually how can you speak to its limits and value not having owned one?

    If you read the comments of those who actually HAVE the Gear you'll find a common theme; they find it a very useful and convenient accessory.

    Has the device reached its full potential, of course not. But this first attempt is actually very good, and while we know each version will undoubtedly improve upon the last one, that's not saying anything that could not be said for any product or service.

    Early adopters are willing to buy products and try them out. We comment, make suggestions, and even complain a little about this or that. Manufacturers listen and use that information to make it better the next time.

    However, if people were not willing to buy it and try it out then manufacturers wouldn't invest the time and money into making the products.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I speak only as a potential purchaser who has read the comments of people who own one, and then I judge if I really need those features at that price? For me the answer is a resounding no, but I understand others will value those features far more highly than me, and for them they will consider it good value. My opinion is based only on my own needs in that respect.

    However, new technology is always in its infancy and at its highest price. This is a known fact.

    My comment was to suggest that people like me who don't actually need the features of the Gear but view them as merely "nice to have" should wait a while. I even hear the next generation Gear will be released as early as January, and then the current ones should be able to be purchased very cheaply.

    Manufacturers don't make their money at the high prices of infant technology, they make their money when the product becomes mainstream and everybody buys one at a much cheaper price. Waiting a bit will not stop development.
    DAS likes this.
  22. #22  
    DAS
    DAS is offline
    DAS's Avatar

    Posts
    969 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    This morning, while driving to work, I received a text message from a colleague which simply said "are you able to talk?"

    I read the message via the Gear and replied "yes" using S-Voice. He called me and we talked (with me using the GG) about an event he wanted me to attend with him tonight. I told him I'd check my schedule and let him know. After hanging up, using S-Voice on the GG I said "what is my schedule today?" The GG read back to me audibly the 5 appointments I already had scheduled. After listening I discovered I could attend tonight, although I'll have to bring my kids because it's my wife's girls night out week (sorry for the side bar).

    Again using S-Voice on the GG I said "schedule new appointment. Tonight 7:30 p.m. Christ for the Nations Charity." The GG read back and confirmed the appointment was scheduled. Then again using S-Voice on the GG I said "Text Paul. I will be there tonight at 7:30."

    What makes this remarkable to me is that not once did I ever pick up my phone. My GN3 sat on the passenger seat beside me the whole time. The whole transaction was accomplished using the GG. I realize the GG is not for everybody. But I have found that it's value is well worth the $300 to me. And the more I incorporate it into my daily life and schedule the more I am excited about all it will offer in the future versions.
    Thanked by 2:
    dakebrajnet 
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    I wonder if this will change anyone's perception....

  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    not that this might matter to anyone who wont get their hands on the galaxy round but the gear is compatible with it, only a matter of time until the other phones will work with this as well

  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyone using the Galaxy Gear? How is it?

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    I wonder if this will change anyone's perception....

    Yes, I already sideloaded apps from the play market to the Gear. Easy as pie.

    Ian B
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2013, 06:53 AM
  2. Moto X is ..... [Click TO FIND OUT]
    By still1 in forum Moto X
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 11:39 AM
  3. Sync Music WITHOUT "the cloud"
    By superjoe95 in forum Android Applications
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 11:10 AM
  4. 3g vs 4g data use
    By dsx968 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 09:26 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

B