Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I transfer content to the SD card and how do I set it so things get saved to it.

For example the camera app says shots will be saved there but burst shots won't. What about video? And why not burst shots. What about transferring things and how about apps?

Posted via My Galaxy Note 3
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Global Posts
    332 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I transfer content to the SD card and how do I set it so things get saved to it.

I haven't had my Note 3 long enough to really experiment with everything, but as far as putting apps on the SD card goes, it should be possible from Settings, General, Application Manager, then selecting the app you want to move. If it's able to be moved (not everything can be), clicking the "Move to SD card" button should do it. Transferring files should be relatively easy if you have some sort of file manager app. I use ES File Explorer and have no problems using it to move files between the phone's memory and my SD card. Some apps may ask you where you want to store things and give you the option to select the SD card. I haven't done much with the camera or video to know how those work though. I hope this is of some help.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I transfer content to the SD card and how do I set it so things get saved to it.

Well here's my issue. When doing that in the app under app manager it claims that the app is on the SD card but when I look at used data of SD card it shows minimal being used. So it says I still have 59gb available and only used 388mb when in reality I supposedly moved 12gb to the card in apps.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It seems to be a game loft thing. Gameloft for some reason shows the SD card having for example 2gb of the game being saved on the card but in reality they only allow the data which is more like 80mb. The peculiar thing is after you remove the game from the SD card with gameloft games only the notes application manager still reads it wrong claiming there is 1.9gb Still on the SD card. Basically minus the data. Very odd.

Last edited by semp1; 10-09-2013 at 10:45 PM.
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3