Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By sux2bu
  • 1 Post By Craig King
  • 2 Post By Victoria Valentin
  • 1 Post By timetopaythefiddler
  • 1 Post By MaTtKs1
  • 1 Post By Rohit Ramesh1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Flip covers

    Am I the only one who thinks these flip covers are a joke? I consider it ruining the note 3. It doesn't feel natural on phones.

    Sent from my VS980 4G now Free
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesish View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks these flip covers are a joke? I consider it ruining the note 3. It doesn't feel natural on phones.

    Sent from my VS980 4G now Free
    i love my note 2 flip cover!! love never having face on screen....love the colors.....love that it replaces the back so that it is very slim. i don't drop my phones so i don't need a huge case.....
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by karsdroid View Post
    i love my note 2 flip cover!! love never having face on screen....love the colors.....love that it replaces the back so that it is very slim. i don't drop my phones so i don't need a huge case.....
    Same here. I never drop my phone so I don't need some gigantic rubber case. I HATE screen protectors, I have yet to see one that you don't notice, so the flip cover keeps my screen scratch free when it is in my pocket or on my night stand. It also keeps the face grease off the phone when using it.
    kj11 and karsdroid like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    It is just something to get use to. Now the s view covers are awesome. The way samsung uses the window to let you do much with never accessing the whole screen is fabulous. I would never get just a flip cover now.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
    Tonia Maitland likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I bought a cheap imitation of the flip case with the view windowThin Flip Battery Case Cover Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 lll MN9005 | eBay
    just to get me by until someone makes the rotating case. This is what I really want! 360 Rotating Leather Case Folio Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 Two N7100 | eBay
    I had a flip cover case for my last Note and with something like 18 months of heavy use it looks like new. And the new design with the cutouts for the speaker mean you don't even need to open it to use it as a phone.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Naw I like the idea of the flip cover. I can toss it in my purse without a thought. I don't like screen protectors anymore so a flip works well for me. And i'm really liking the idea of the S view. Now if only they would release the color I want T___T
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I bought a cheap imitation of the flip case with the view windowThin Flip Battery Case Cover Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 lll MN9005 | eBay
    just to get me by until someone makes the rotating case. This is what I really want! 360 Rotating Leather Case Folio Stand for Samsung Galaxy Note II 2 Two N7100 | eBay
    I had a flip cover case for my last Note and with something like 18 months of heavy use it looks like new. And the new design with the cutouts for the speaker mean you don't even need to open it to use it as a phone.
    i agree with their hardiness....mine look brand new also!!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    How are these cases when holding the phone in landscape and playing games, or when using the camera? Does the case get in the way?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesish View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks these flip covers are a joke? I consider it ruining the note 3. It doesn't feel natural on phones.

    Sent from my VS980 4G now Free
    I had one on my S4 and I was sitting with the phone on my lap, I got up and forgot it was there phone fell down 4 concrete stairs and only dents on the side, Screen survived atleast...


    Sent From My Lighting Fast Galaxy Note 3 & Galaxy Note 8.0.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    My GN3 S-view flip cover arrives today! The Samsung factory one. I love flip covers. The Samsung genuine cover is nice because the s-pen can be used on the window and the camera will work with the cover closed (allowing the window to be the viewer). Can't wait o get it. I like my Spigen Neo Hybrid but much prefer the flip S-view cover.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by snc0921 View Post
    My GN3 S-view flip cover arrives today! The Samsung factory one. I love flip covers. The Samsung genuine cover is nice because the s-pen can be used on the window and the camera will work with the cover closed (allowing the window to be the viewer). Can't wait o get it. I like my Spigen Neo Hybrid but much prefer the flip S-view cover.
    Yay! Let us see! Mine comes in on Monday.
    cencom14 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Dronak's Avatar

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I like the idea of the flip covers, but I'm not sure if I really need it or how much protection it will provide. I'm pretty careful with my phone, so I don't think I need heavy protection, but some might be nice. Samsung's seems nice, but a little more expensive than I would have hoped. A question: do these flip covers have some transparent material where the window is? I would assume so, because otherwise there's essentially no protection there, but nothing I've read seems to explicitly say whether there is or not. Thanks!
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by timetopaythefiddler View Post
    Yay! Let us see! Mine comes in on Monday.
    Jeez I can't find them anywhere! It looks like the Samsung site has them as back-ordered. -_-

    Shoot a reply if anyone happens to see them in stock in the US.
    fkpalm likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by Dronak View Post
    I like the idea of the flip covers, but I'm not sure if I really need it or how much protection it will provide. I'm pretty careful with my phone, so I don't think I need heavy protection, but some might be nice. Samsung's seems nice, but a little more expensive than I would have hoped. A question: do these flip covers have some transparent material where the window is? I would assume so, because otherwise there's essentially no protection there, but nothing I've read seems to explicitly say whether there is or not. Thanks!
    I'm pretty sure that it does, as the one for the S4 has clear plastic there.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I ordered one off of eBay as well and suppose to be all faux leather and will arrive on Sat. Will post a detail review when arrives

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk 4
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by MaTtKs1 View Post
    Jeez I can't find them anywhere! It looks like the Samsung site has them as back-ordered. -_-

    Shoot a reply if anyone happens to see them in stock in the US.
    I ordered a black and white from eBay. There a few on there. Original Samsung products. (Shipping from Korea) I havent found them anywhere else. I will post pics once they come in.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I ve got the s view cover. It looks nice. The screen cover ( view cover ) is covered by plastic. So lot of finger prints. Plus difficult to handle the device in landscape mode as the cover comes in the way.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Where did you order your case from?

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I don't think they're bad per se. lucky for you there will be more options.. In the future anyway

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  
    Mr Bigs's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    691 Global Posts

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I managed to get an S-View case from AT&T store yesterday but only in white, hopefully I'll find a black one and return the white.

    Posted via Android Central App
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    I've been thinking about getting the flip case. I like the idea of it.
    I want something that will protect it from other items in my pocket. But I don't need protection from drops.
    Also since I use the IR port on the phone a full case would not work for me since, they seem to, normally cover the IR port.
    The only thing that I worry about is how well it will work with the iBolt car dock that I have.
    Short of that I'm all for it.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Quote Originally Posted by andreo View Post
    I've been thinking about getting the flip case. I like the idea of it.
    I want something that will protect it from other items in my pocket. But I don't need protection from drops.
    Also since I use the IR port on the phone a full case would not work for me since, they seem to, normally cover the IR port.
    The only thing that I worry about is how well it will work with the iBolt car dock that I have.
    Short of that I'm all for it.
    Push Comes to shove you could always cut it out yourself

    Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Hmmm, I must say this one looks a bit intriguing....
    Flip covers-hhisamnote3sviewflipblk01.jpg

    I have just a regular flip cover for now, but I also have 2 other cases on order from Amazon. I may take this one back, especially since it's an AT&T branded one and it cost me close to $50.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Flip covers

    Great now I'm going to obsess on that case until I bu it. thanks for nothing LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by TXGTOU View Post
    Hmmm, I must say this one looks a bit intriguing....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HhiSamNote3SviewFlipBlk01.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	86132

    I have just a regular flip cover for now, but I also have 2 other cases on order from Amazon. I may take this one back, especially since it's an AT&T branded one and it cost me close to $50.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Flip covers

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 11:03 PM
  2. Battery Cover for Note 3
    By jonlien in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-12-2013, 12:23 PM
  3. Can Note III with S-View cover fit in Samsung charging dock?
    By NJRonbo in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM
  4. Source for OEM S4 battery cover?
    By gjp83 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 05:07 PM
  5. Samsung cases/covers
    By Myronmack in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Posting Permissions