Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jamesrmca1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Air Command Stopped Working

Air Command has stopped working for me. It won't trigger when I pull the s pen out (it's selected to pop up when the s pen is pulled out) and won't appear when the button on the s pen is pressed.

Was playing around with buzz launcher but the phone is back to where it was when I know for sure Air Command was working. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Air Command Stopped Working

I have the same issue any help?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk now Free

Global Posts
    5,131 Global Posts

Have you guys tried turning air command off then back on (or just making sure it is set to on again)

Go to settings/Motion and Gestures/Air Command
    Thanked by:

Got the same issue on my new note 3 after update. Any luck guys?

Do you guys have your N3 in a case? If you do & there's a magnetic closure, depending on location, would definitely affect the s pen. Don't know about air view, but it's worth checking out

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by rycandroid View Post
    Air Command has stopped working for me. It won't trigger when I pull the s pen out (it's selected to pop up when the s pen is pulled out) and won't appear when the button on the s pen is pressed.

Was playing around with buzz launcher but the phone is back to where it was when I know for sure Air Command was working. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!
    I had the hand gestures quit for me today and I thought it might be a conflict. After trying some things with no success, I turned off all the motion stuff, turned the phone off and then back on, and voila when I turned the settings back on, everything worked. Not sure what did it, but at least I got them back.....

For me, I had turned off Air Command from Motions and Gestures setting and hadn't realized it. The pen worked fine with the individual apps, only the wheel wasn't showing up upon removing the pen, I turned the switch back to on and it came up immediately when I pulled the pen out of the phone...just my experience....
    Thanked by 3:
    pcguys likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrmca1 View Post
    For me, I had turned off Air Command from Motions and Gestures setting and hadn't realized it. The pen worked fine with the individual apps, only the wheel wasn't showing up upon removing the pen, I turned the switch back to on and it came up immediately when I pulled the pen out of the phone...just my experience....
    That was the problem. Thanks dude.

thanks johnny, I had done the same and didn't realize it.

how about s pen function while on a polaris word document? The grey board that shows up at the bottom only can write in blue but it doesnt transfer my text to the document. Do you have this problem with the s pen?

Goto settings in that please select controls tab and here Aircommand.. please toggle on button
    Settings -> Controls -> Aircommand -> Toggle on.
    Hope it will helpfull thank u

Quote Originally Posted by eliani1326 View Post
    how about s pen function while on a polaris word document? The grey board that shows up at the bottom only can write in blue but it doesnt transfer my text to the document. Do you have this problem with the s pen?
    Is it working okay with every other app? If it isn't you probably need an update, I know many of us had the problem where the text input wouldn't turn into text until we updated some things and then it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    Is it working okay with every other app? If it isn't you probably need an update, I know many of us had the problem where the text input wouldn't turn into text until we updated some things and then it worked.

Note 3 has included S Pen along with some new software features to make use of S pen. It provides whole new arena for exploration of the phablet with many new features......Samsung Galaxy Note 3 | Galaxy Note 3 Deals | Sgn3.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrmca1 View Post
    This was what worked for me immediately. I did the usual by setting the S-Pen to None and back to Air Command then turning it off and on, battery pull, etc. However, the moment I ready jamesrmca1's solution, the Air Command popped up just like normal. Thanks for saving me time!

My air view works but I can't draw the pinwindow or circle for the scrap book any suggestions

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts

Same. I have to reboot the device for it to work.

yes, that helpped, thx

- - - Updated - - -

yes, that helpped

Thank @jamesrmca1 , I too turned off air command in motions and control. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by J HighNote View Post
    I had the hand gestures quit for me today and I thought it might be a conflict. After trying some things with no success, I turned off all the motion stuff, turned the phone off and then back on, and voila when I turned the settings back on, everything worked. Not sure what did it, but at least I got them back.....
    Thx very much

Air command has stopped working for me.. its coming up when I put it out from phone but when I tap the screen and press the button, it only comes up the action memo rather than the the other stuff

Is their anyway I can sort this?

Quote Originally Posted by paulybhoy1 View Post
    Air command has stopped working for me.. its coming up when I put it out from phone but when I tap the screen and press the button, it only comes up the action memo rather than the the other stuff

Is their anyway I can sort this?
    You're not supposed to tap the screen for air command. You hover it and press the button. And make sure you have both Air Command and Air View on in settings with Air view mode set to include pen.

It's worked for me, thanks. I think this the new settings added under firmware upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by love App View Post
    Goto settings in that please select controls tab and here Aircommand.. please toggle on button
    Settings -> Controls -> Aircommand -> Toggle on.
    Hope it will helpfull thank u
    Thanks, it helped me.