First "Phablet"... Anyone else?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I know there are many "I got mine threads!" but I wanted to make one that is more than that... I just got mine from T-Mobile yesterday and loving my first phablet so far! The screen is gorgeous and it is fast as hell! Also the phone really isn't as bad as I thought to hold while on a call. I've always held phones with 2 fingers and the 3rd on the back of the phone.. So it's been working out for me.

So is anyone else like me trying out your first "phablet" as the Note 3? :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Cant wait to get mine next month. Going to be a long long long wait.

Please don't call them "phablet"s. I dislike that word very much. When it was a 5.3" Note 1 was it a "phablet"? S4 is 5" so I guess the mythical line would be at 5"? Its a large phone with a stylus. Its like a PDA. Not a "phablet".

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Please don't call them "phablet"s. I dislike that word very much. When it was a 5.3" Note 1 was it a "phablet"? S4 is 5" so I guess the mythical line would be at 5"? Its a large phone with a stylus. Its like a PDA. Not a "phablet".

Sorry.. Most of the world uses the word. Look at many reviews.. So I am just using the term that was coined. Either way.. That isn't the point of the thread :). I'm basically seeing if others are trying out such a big phone for the first time as well.

power5

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I will be coming from a 4.7" Titan. I cannot wait. Also bloggers just use words that they read on forums and other blogs. The more they see the word, the more they use it to "connect" with their readers.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm coming from the LG enlighten... it's a small qwerty phone. The Note is a giant shift for me... should be delivered tonight.

Nice. Let us know what you think about it once you get it :).

rob6070

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
My first phab and DROID. From I phone5
Liking DROID so far. Not sure of size w note 3. Was dead set on moto x but thought s pen and note3 could replace my I pad
Spen seems really laggy so far when scrolling Web and tapping buttons etc.
Tried nova launcher and then back to twhiz now.
I said I'd give it a week to see if I can get to eenjoy and really utilize the giant said screen for work and if not I'll go to moto x.

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
First time using a note. Left the htc one for this. So far I'm loving it. Loving the big screen. The htc one seems so tiny when I see it now.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app

alex346

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm coming to the Note 3 from an S3 ... First day I got it I thought man this thing is big.. but its amazing how quickly you adjust! I'm only about 1 week in and i've already grown accustom to the size of this thing, it never even crosses my mind any more. The only time the size of a phone comes to mind now is when I grab my wife's S3 and think man this thing is to small! Even she is loving the larger screen size (and loves the s pen capabilities) from here limited time messing around on my GN3 ... only problem is I think now were gonna have to pull the trigger and get her one too lol

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

According to Samsung, they say that it is a phablet, because it's diagonal distance is greater than 160mm.

Now, if it were 2.1mm narrower diagonally, then it would not be a phablet :cool:

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381413374068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381413374068.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 122

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
First time using a note. Left the htc one for this. So far I'm loving it. Loving the big screen. The htc one seems so tiny when I see it now.

I am in the exact boat as you. Left the HTC One for this.. Can't get over the screen :D.

marjen

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
This will be my first android phone. Had many iphones until a nokia 920 last year. I did not like it or windows phone very much so just ordered the note 3 yesterday, should be here today. Cant wait. A little overwhelmed, did not realize things like visual voicemail were add ons.

cib227

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I left the EVO LTE ... skipped the one and was waiting for this beast.... just like it was mentioned earlier didn't take long to get used the size. So know every other phone looks so small next to our note 3...

I luv it!!

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
My first phablet, and coming from iPhone 4S. Big jump in screen size, but just glad to be getting back to Droid. I had a blackberry back in the day, and then Droids. The iPhone was becasue the now wife had one, and nothing else was that great that was out, and 4S was still pretty new.

I always missed having Droids, and welcoming it back. Will be interesting to see what the wife thinks, since she is getting the new iPhone. Her second, with Droids prior to that.

LosingMyMind

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Starting to love it, the S-Pen and scrapbook had me sold, not so much the size. It was a bit awkward at first considering I'm tiny. 5'0" with tiny hands and holding the phone to my ear is just crazy because it's the size of my head, but I'm over it. To many pros to not love this phone. Can't see myself going back to anything smaller.

raul.man

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I am coming from the HTC one s, and this has been a night and day difference for me. It is amazing how much faster this phablet is. I'm also back to a removable battery (former vibrant owner) and expandable storage via microsd. The battery life also blows me away, as I'm constantly getting a full day of battery life with 6 hours of screen time.

Posted via Android Central App

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Coming from the GS4 this is my first note and loving every minute of it screen is amazing

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app