Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By docprego
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Flip S Cover

I have the Samsung Flip S Cover for my N3..

- When you have an incoming text or e-mail, the screen doesn't light up and you have no idea that you have a new notification especially when you are on silent mode. Also because the LED is covered by the flip cover, you get no LED notification. Is there anyway to make the screen light up?

- The N3 with Flip S Cover still fits my S4 dock. When my N3 is docked, the home screen (weather, time, notification bar) is displayed together with the S view background color that I have set. Would it not "burn" the screen with the full display?

Default Re: Galaxy Note 3 - Samsung Flip S Cover

Hi..how to set the background colour samsung s view?

Settings->Device->Lock Screen (under Personalization)->S View Window Color (Under S View Cover)
    Thanked by:

Hey! I got a white SGN3, and a White S View flip. So, I dunno but I can see the LED notifications.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

I have the case and it works great for me, but I only have the time and not the weather, any idea how to turn that on?

Quote Originally Posted by vr002sh View Post
    I have the case and it works great for me, but I only have the time and not the weather, any idea how to turn that on?
    Go to:
    Settings
    Device
    Lock Screen
    Select Info Shown Cover

Global Posts
    322 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by timetopaythefiddler View Post
    Go to:
    Settings
    Device
    Lock Screen
    Select Info Shown Cover
    Thanks

Hi
    Recently I bought a N900 and an smart cover with it but sometimes when I close it (smart cover) , it doesn't work and I have to open it and close again .
    And sometimes it doesn't work at all and I have to put it out and put it on again till it work.
    This my phone problem or cover ?
    It is driving me crazy ....

I have it. It looks pretty nifty and I like how you can see the weather and accept phone calls while it's covered. The action memo is accessible through the window which can be useful too.

Quick glance and LED notifications must be sacrificed unfortunately.

I'm planning to remove this case. Mostly because when I open the cover and fold it back, the proximity between itself and the screen is too close. The screen will change to the locked, S View display as if I closed it. This happens all the time and is extremely annoying.

Oh, and don't you dare try to use the cover as a stand. Unless you balance it perfectly, it will slide out under the weight of the phone on most surfaces.

Posted via Android Central App

I agree with you, the cover is awful, for such a premium product, Samsung have produced a really poor official accessory.

Personally I think the cover looks dated and the fact the cover does not stay closed on most occasions drives me nuts too.

Quote Originally Posted by B4DSecTor View Post
    Hi
    Recently I bought a N900 and an smart cover with it but sometimes when I close it (smart cover) , it doesn't work and I have to open it and close again .
    And sometimes it doesn't work at all and I have to put it out and put it on again till it work.
    This my phone problem or cover ?
    It is driving me crazy ....
    I would say this is a cover problem. The chips on the inside of the cover which make contacts with the phone might be broken. Perhaps go in and try exchanging it for a new one and see if you are still having the same problems. If so, then its most like a phone problem then.

Scribbled on my Note 3 and then translated into readable words using Tapatalk