- 4 Posts
Using s pen on samsung galaxy note 3 heats up the phone
Guys, I noticed that the use of raises the battery temp very quickly ? I don't think this was the case with note 2.
I installed the batetry widget (from elvision) and noticed that as soon as i start drawing something using s pen the temp of the batter starts going up
and when it reahces like 90 deg F you will start feeling the back of the phone (near camera) getting warmer.
is this normal ? Please share your thoughts , i still have a week to go to return the phone.
- 10-10-2013, 01:50 PM #2
- 10-10-2013, 03:50 PM #4
- 103 Posts
Re: Using s pen on samsung galaxy note 3 heats up the phone
This really shouldn't be surprising in general. The Wacom digitizer that the S pen works with and the software that drives it will take extra operation and processing power, plus the screen staying on longer for the pen use. That means a draw on the battery. how big that draw is, and that the temp rise is about 15-20 degrees from where it started, just doesn't seem that significant.
I frequently run my Note 3 in bursts, 20 minutes of web work, reading book, playing a casual game. Nothing really intensive and it heats up like you describe. Not hot, but warm. So did my old phone in the same use. Seems normal to me.
- 10-10-2013, 07:01 PM #5
- By hypokondriak in forum Google ChromecastReplies: 3Last Post: 10-31-2013, 02:15 PM
- By Brandon32 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM
- By CrazyCamel369#AC in forum AT&T HTC OneReplies: 32Last Post: 10-26-2013, 10:48 AM
- By Keylah in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 5Last Post: 10-26-2013, 08:42 AM
- By DevssrT in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 3Last Post: 10-21-2013, 01:49 PM