Verizon Note 3 users, let's hear from you..

bailman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I'm waiting to hear how the phone is on big reds network. I've been waiting on this phone for months. How is the signal? That's my biggest concern, especially coming from the galaxy nexus. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

angelicruin

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting on delivery...and then who knows how long until activation works. Hopefully by the time Fedex lands, the activation issue will be cleared up.

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
They left in the wifi toggle and blocking mode, and no branding on the home button. I'm actually surprised that they didn't screw anything up that I've noticed...so far. Very happy, this phone is just as good as I expected it to be.

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Blazin, I understand they crippled the home screen continuous scroll again. We're you able to play in the options to see if there is an option to make it a continuous one ? Did they put back the s planner widget? Thanks.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Picked up my Note 3 this morning in Denver - my first Samsung so gonna take a while for me to set this beast up - my signal is great - calling my work office from home.......from my basement home office ......and the reception and the voice clarify is wonderful

blazin247

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Blazin, I understand they crippled the home screen continuous scroll again. We're you able to play in the options to see if there is an option to make it a continuous one ? Did they put back the s planner widget? Thanks.

The only S widgets I see are S Note and S Bookmarks. I'm not familiar with that widget so maybe I'm missing it, but I don't think it's there. And you are correct, you cannot continuous scroll (rubber bands to left and right) and I do not see an option to change that, but I'm still exploring.

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone else confirm that there is an issue with type to text on Verizon? I cannot, for the life of me, get it to work. Sending this from my Note 2 because I haven't set up my accounts on the Note 3 yet.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

sudbury78

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
The only S widgets I see are S Note and S Bookmarks. I'm not familiar with that widget so maybe I'm missing it, but I don't think it's there. And you are correct, you cannot continuous scroll (rubber bands to left and right) and I do not see an option to change that, but I'm still exploring.

Thanks dude. That to me while minor is just a nusiance and not sure the end game for Verizon to disable that when every other carrier allows it to loop. It's real annoying when adding widgets in the beginning of the alphabet and then going to the end. Opps, you want to go over to A again and have to go all the way back. #firstworldprobs

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay, one of the first things you will need to do is update the Samsung keyboard and then restart your device. My keyboard is now working as it it should.

Sent from my Note 2 using Tapatalk 2 now Free

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a little scared. I live an market full of lte(Houston) but yet my phone is only working on 3g. Only had 4G show up like twice and instantly disappear :(

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting a little scared. I live an market full of lte(Houston) but yet my phone is only working on 3g. Only had 4G show up like twice and instantly disappear :(

Put it in airplane mode for a few minutes. Aso go into the mobile network settings and flip it from Global to LTE/CDMA

Scribbled with my S-Pen

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site

I was having that happen on my note 2 and it ended up being a bad SIM.

Bluehair62

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Just returned from the big RED store... I could not be happier. Its been a rough few weeks waiting and reading and reading more and watching youtube videos... etc etc...!

Everything works perfect. Going to take awhile to get completely comfortable coming from iPhones.

Should be getting the gear tomorrow...! Anyone else getting gear from the big V?

Cheers...

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
The signal is about the same as my Galaxy S3, which is kinda crappy at home (normally 2 bars of 3G) and great at work (4 bars of 4G). It didn't use to be that bad at home, but ever since they put up the 4G tower, it's gone downhill.:-$

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, about the same as my Galaxy S3 signal

Posted using my Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App

lukejwalka23

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Love the screen and overall response of the device. Was kinda irked that my Verizon salesman was so enthralled by my phone after activating it. Literally was opening up apps that had started downloading due to my Play Store backup. Was second customer in store, but first through activation process, so guess that was the reason.

Posted via Android Central App

AuburnGrad

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am very pleased with it. Haven't made too many calls, but activation was a breeze. And my contacts came over without an issue from the iPhone. Haven't had much time to play with it, but going to tonight while waiting on the wife. Just need to get on wifi, do add some of my app's back. Calls are good though. Not sure about the gmail app yet, hoping an update is outhere for it.