Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Note 3 Loose/Wiggly Home Button

I recieved my black note 3 today and released my home button is loose and wiggles a bit when i press it, sometimes it stays crooked. Has anyone else encounter this problem?

this is how mines is like,
    Last edited by yankeesxd; 10-10-2013 at 09:26 PM.
    Chitown28 likes this.

Default Re: Verizon Note 3 Loose/Wiggly Home Button

I just want to say that I am already missing my Nexus's software buttons.
    mastervm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bitfidelity View Post
    I just want to say that I am already missing my Nexus's software buttons.
    GODDDDDDDDD ME TOO, it was all so simple then

yes a little wiggly but doesnt bother me so much.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Mine is wiggly. I thought about having it replaced, but haven't decided yet. I am trying not to be too picky, but I can't stand much more than what it is doing now.

Mine just barely moves...was the same way on my note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

Noticed it for the first time today though I've read about others who had an issue. Not going to replace the phone though. ... setting it another is more hassle than it's worth. And, sounds like a persistent problem that will creep up on other Note 3s.

BB 8330, 9700, 9800; Atrix 4G & HD; Galaxy Note III
    http://www.LegacyBicycle.com

This has been a known reported problem it seems on some of the devices. Mine is wiggly too and if I push hard on the left or right side I can make the button skewed. But it really does not bother me in the big scheme of things considering the overall great experience

I plan on monitoring it for the next two weeks and if it's noticeably worse I will do the within 14 day exchange

I lucked out for now (*knock knock*). My button seems to be solid. I do miss the gnex soft buttons for sure tho.

Literally just got home with my Note. Traded in a Moto X for it. I too am seeing that my home button is a bit crooked at times, but it doesn't bother me so far.

Current Devices: HTC One M8, Nexus 5, Note 3, 2013 Nexus 7
    Retired Devices: Moto X, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S 3, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Global Posts
    563 Global Posts

Fortunately mine is solid...no wiggle a at all, perfectly straight

Posted using my Galaxy Note 3 via Android Central App

Mine arrived yesderday via Fedex from Verizon. My home button is rock solid. Not completely sold on the GN3 yet (because i love stock android) but i will give it a fair chance. I do love the screen size.

13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

do you suggest i go ask for a free exchange?

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

The things some people complain about... it's moving like a millimetre!

ROM
    Stock Note 2

My note 2, I can see wiggle if I use a magnifying glass ..... my Note 3 is just a tiny bit looser, but not a problem for me Both phones are white

Cheers, Jon
    Have Note 2 & ordered Verizon 32gb/64gb Note 3 in white

yep... mine also loose... a bit annoying..i hope it not getting worse or i end up trading it with note 2 again..

Luckily mine is solid.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

I went to Verizon and BestBuy yesterday to check out their Note 3s. All of them had loose home buttons, just as bad if not worse than mine. So I suppose I will hold on to mine for a few more days and then go back to see if they have any that do not have this issue.

I had a wonderful tempered glass screen protector installed yesterday on my Verizon N 3 at an AT & T store......and a side benefit is that the protector overlays the home button.....kinda buries it.....it was irritating at first feeling the button a bit below the surface of the glass......but now the little wiggle of the button and the little if any visualization of the button's positional integrity is hidden !!!! It was not bothering me anyway........

- - - Updated - - -

I had a wonderful tempered glass screen protector installed yesterday on my Verizon N 3 at an AT & T store......and a side benefit is that the protector overlays the home button.....kinda buries it.....it was irritating at first feeling the button a bit below the surface of the glass......but now the little wiggle of the button and the little if any visualization of the button's positional integrity is hidden !!!! It was not bothering me anyway........

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Which one did you get? I haven't decided on tempered glass or just a Zagg shield.

Quote Originally Posted by climb View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Do they install it free? How much was it? My Verizon store didn't have any screen protectors for the note 3, and only 3 cases

Product called "Bodyguardz" - looks fantastic - feels even better than it looks - zero impact on sensitivity and responsiveness of the screen - kinda expensive but worth it imho.......I wish now I had had tempered glass protection on my previous phones.......used to swear by ZAGG but can say there is no comparison - wow !!

Expensive at $45 + tax......but well well worth it - it is wonderful - ZAGG used to be standard but compared to this tempered glass the ZAGG is no longer a contender - installation charge and cause it is glass they can install and reinstall over as many times as needed until it is perfect
    Thanked by:
    dpham00 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dpham00 View Post
    Do they install it free? How much was it? My Verizon store didn't have any screen protectors for the note 3, and only 3 cases

When I went to the AT&T store last week to get the glass protector, the associate put it on my phone for free (even when my phone was from T-Mobile!). They were nice and professional (of course, it's because I dropped $45 on a screen protector).

Give it time, its build quality. mine was solid from 10/4 until yesterday (1 week)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast