1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default no more multiple accounts in the gmail app??

am i losing my mind or can you no longer put multiple accounts in the gmail app? was their a recent update? I am trying to set up my new note 3 and cant figure out how to do this.

Default Re: no more multiple accounts in the gmail app??

Quote Originally Posted by pnizzle20 View Post
    am i losing my mind or can you no longer put multiple accounts in the gmail app? was their a recent update? I am trying to set up my new note 3 and cant figure out how to do this.
    I thought the same thing. Go into settings, accounts and Google. If will let you do it there

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

when i go into settings I have the following options - general settings, then my account name, then about gmail. in any of those I do not see an option for account.

Settings
    Accounts
    Add account
    Google

Thanked by 2:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ohhhhhhhhh outside of the application, gotcha!!! good lord i thought I was going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by atrain311qes109 View Post
    Settings
    Accounts
    Add account
    Google

Quote Originally Posted by pnizzle20 View Post
    ohhhhhhhhh outside of the application, gotcha!!! good lord i thought I was going nuts.
    I swear I thought the exact same thing. I was like what the f is going on here! I literally had to say to myself, cooler heads will prevail, I can do this, haha.

But even if I set up the mulitiple gmail accounts I have on HTC phone. The GMAIL app only picks up one of the email accounts?

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Basically according to phone I have three gmail accounts and according to gmail app, I have one!!

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wood1e View Post
    But even if I set up the mulitiple gmail accounts I have on HTC phone. The GMAIL app only picks up one of the email accounts?

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

Basically according to phone I have three gmail accounts and according to gmail app, I have one!!
    You need to go into your settings for each email account and turn on syncing to make sure they all show up.
    Thanked by:

Where do I find that?

Do you mean in the phone...in which case they are. Or do you mean in the actual Gmail account settings?

Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy, too.

in addition to my other 2 email addresses one of them is a gmail, I am trying to set up on my new Samsung note 3 my work gmail which has its own domain,
    when i reached the incoming server setting I changed the pop3 server from pop3 and the domain ie. pop3.xxxxx.com to pop.gmail.com and set the security type as SSL, and the port automatically showed 995, when i taped next I received the message" Authentication failed. "
    I appreciate your help

Talking Re: no more multiple accounts in the gmail app??

Hi, on an android go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account (the "+" sign at the top) > Google > Create New / Existing. Once the account has been set up set your auto sync options and then it can be accessed via your Gmail App.

Hi, on an android device go to Settings > Accounts & Sync > Add Account (the "+" sign at the top) > Google > Create New / Existing. Once the account has been set up set your auto sync options and then it can be accessed via your Gmail App.

it also can be done from the gmail app as well by going like this; gmail app>menu>setting>add account..........or setting>general>accounts>add account>google.....or email app>menu>settings>add acoount......

the first 2 for gmail app and the last for the stock email app
    Last edited by Alain_A; 03-14-2014 at 09:56 AM.