Verizon Textra MMS Settings?

kool_zero

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
When I receive an animated GIF, it does not play. I use Textra but cannot seem to get it to work. I have MMS for group chats turned on. MMS settings has "Activate Mobile Data" turned on. The manual APN config is not on, but if I check it, the mmsc is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms and the proxy and proxy port are both blank.

Has anyone had this issue yet or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? The APN configs I can find for Verizon online do not have a proxy or proxy port listed either.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Are you on wifi when this issue is occurring?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

cgordonn

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm a T-Mobile GN3 user, and I was having similar issues with Textra and MMS. For me, it seems the stock, default APN settings have stopped functioning, making it impossible to send or receive MMS messages. I put a trouble ticket in with T-Mobile two nights ago and have yet to hear back from them. I got tired of waiting, did some research and built a custom APN configuration. Textra and MMS are now working perfectly!

The only differences I can see between the stock APN and my custom APN are the settings for APN TYPE and APN PROTOCOL. The stock APN TYPE is "default, mms, supl" and my CUSTOM is "not set". The stock APN PROTOCOL is "IPv6" and my CUSTOM is "IPv4".

You may want to do some online research for your Verizon APN settings and try building a custom APN of your own.

mspace81

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using textra when I found out I was receiving all my text messages, some text messages weren't being sent, and mms would act a little wonky. It's such a nice sms app though.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am having this issue, but so far only when I am on Wi-Fi. "Can't retrieve mms". Any suggestions?

I've found (if you're on T-Mobile) that Wifi calling MMS will only work with stock. All 3rd party apps don't know how to work with WiFi calling and the Note 3 :(.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I've found (if you're on T-Mobile) that Wifi calling MMS will only work with stock. All 3rd party apps don't know how to work with WiFi calling and the Note 3 :(.

i am on Verizon. The error comes and goes, but it actually doesn't seem to be affecting anything. I am receiving and sending mms just fine. No clue why the error is pooping up tho.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
The plus button doesn't work to add images, emoji's, etc. with the new update. At least not on my phone. Anyone else having this issue? Hopefully it's not Verizon only that's having the problem.

chuckorc

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
When I receive an animated GIF, it does not play. I use Textra but cannot seem to get it to work. I have MMS for group chats turned on. MMS settings has "Activate Mobile Data" turned on. The manual APN config is not on, but if I check it, the mmsc is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms and the proxy and proxy port are both blank.

Has anyone had this issue yet or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it? The APN configs I can find for Verizon online do not have a proxy or proxy port listed either.
I had the same issues with chomp by the same developer. I used these settings and now its working hope this helps someone.

mmsc is http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms
mms proxy is blank
mms port is 80

Don't forget to make sure activate mobile data is checked and that I am on usa t-mobile is unchecked.
Hope this helps someone, I'm finally glad I got it fixed. I'm using a droid dna on verizon.

Go SMS Pro was driving me crazy with ads.

spokaneen8tve

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So glad I found this Post! FED up with GOSMSPRO! Was not liking using stock for mms, used what you provided and voila! I can now use textra to send mms. Thanks for sharing Chuckorc