1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Question Chrome is trying to download flash videos instead of streaming...Please help

As the title says, when I try to watch a flash video via Chrome, it automatically starts downloading the file. I don't want to do this. I simply want to stream it. I could do this on my iPhone via Chrome. Can anyone advise?

Default Re: Chrome is trying to download flash videos instead of streaming...Please help

a link?

first thought, This version of android does not have flash pre-installed.

Default Re: Chrome is trying to download flash videos instead of streaming...Please help

Flash is not supported in chrome at all. And by default flash probably isn't installed on the NOTE 3 unless you sideloaded it. If you sideloaded it try a different browser as I think most still will use the legacy plug in if it is installed.

I was also under the impression that Steve Jobs swore that Flash would never be supported on any of the mobile devices. Are you sure that you were using flash before?
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya

Chrome does not support flash any more, the stock browser does not support flash player anymore either. You have to use a third party browser in order to download flash. Look at this video

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    Flash is not supported in chrome at all. And by default flash probably isn't installed on the NOTE 3 unless you sideloaded it. If you sideloaded it try a different browser as I think most still will use the legacy plug in if it is installed.

I was also under the impression that Steve Jobs swore that Flash would never be supported on any of the mobile devices. Are you sure that you were using flash before?
    I am 100% sure it was NOT flash, but more than likely HTML5 or something similar. I was trying to watch an episode from vidto.me. I am not sure how the iPhone worked it out with Chrome, but it would open it's own media player. Perhaps I am still just at the beggining part of a Novice Android user and do not know how to make this function the way I would like it to.

If you use the regular browser on the NOTE 3 and not chrome it will prompt you what to do with the videos from that site. It asked me if i wanted to play it with the built in video player or download it.

Chrome didn't do that. So that may just be something chrome is lacking.
    Craig
    Phone :: BB880>>BB9000>>Captivate>>Galaxy Note1>>Galaxy Note 3
    Tablet :: B&N Nook >> Xoom >> Nexus 10
    Game/Mini-PC :: Zealz G802 >> Ouya
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Will give that a shot. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by mavrrick View Post
    If you use the regular browser on the NOTE 3 and not chrome it will prompt you what to do with the videos from that site. It asked me if i wanted to play it with the built in video player or download it.

Chrome didn't do that. So that may just be something chrome is lacking.
    If you play those back with the built in player, are you experiencing choppy playback?

Posted via Android Central App

Vplayer allows you to stream the video. I like the fact that I can download videos. So I can watch them later and not worry about having signal.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Try this...

Naked Browser or Naked Browser Pro. Very light footprint (112kb!), quick, text reflow, flash, tabs, gestures, etc .

Let me know what you think. I am probably going to make this my default browser. Though I will say the UI is not the prettiest...

"Naked Browser"

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app
    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2