Problem with Google Search

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Google search is stuck in the past. It wont respond to ok google and even though it shows all updates applied, its not the latest release. Wont respond to second requests, it has to be closed like the old version. Doesnt show the "say ok google" in the prompt, just "say google". Shows I aps that its the latest 2.7.9, but its not working like it.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Google search is stuck in the past. It wont respond to ok google and even though it shows all updates applied, its not the latest release. Wont respond to second requests, it has to be closed like the old version. Doesnt show the "say ok google" in the prompt, just "say google". Shows I aps that its the latest 2.7.9, but its not working like it.

Go to your settings > apps > google search clear data and cache. And then restart the phone and try again. I remember it took a day or two to update to "say ok google" even though I updated it from the play store a couple days earlier

jlschulz

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Already tried that and even downloaded the apk to load manually. Nothing has worked. Guess I'll wait a few days to see it it corrects itself.

Thanks for the response