Any call recorders that actually work with the Note 3?

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have tried 2 & they only record my end, not the other side of the conversation :(

Thanks for any info anybody has!

Cheers, Jon

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Found one .... it works both ways & both are the same level of record & very good quality! Galaxy Call Recorder Free :)

Cheers, Jon

cazwell220

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my phone with Root De La Vega to preserve the Knox flag for warranty purposes .. then I installed Xposed with the Wanam module and enabled the hidden built in system call recording and it worked perfectly.

It sounds involved, but it's worth it for a whole lot of advantageous reasons including the call recording.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Is it true that some states require ALL participants being recorded to consent to being recorded? I understand some states don't allow you to record another person without their consent.

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Is it true that some states require ALL participants being recorded to consent to being recorded? I understand some states don't allow you to record another person without their consent.

I would suspect that you can record anything you want to which you're a party to the conversation. Using that recording in any may require consent from the other party.

Usually I record things like changing airline reservations. You'll note that when you call any service you get a pre-message which states "this call may be recorded for quality purposes". To me, that means the other party has released their expectation of privacy. Why should I not be able to record any conversation to which I'm a party? Maybe my memory is not so good. Am I being discriminated against? If I reply to an email, do I have to get the approval of the other party in order to post that email? The laws are screwy with respect to where a call originates and where the other party is during the call.

It should be up to us, the end users, to determine whether the recording is legal and the phone should be capable of recording the conversation. I don't like that the phone is crippled with respect to recording a call. Let me make the choice.

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I would suspect that you can record anything you want to which you're a party to the conversation. Using that recording in any may require consent from the other party.

Usually I record things like changing airline reservations. You'll note that when you call any service you get a pre-message which states "this call may be recorded for quality purposes". To me, that means the other party has released their expectation of privacy. Why should I not be able to record any conversation to which I'm a party? Maybe my memory is not so good. Am I being discriminated against? If I reply to an email, do I have to get the approval of the other party in order to post that email? The laws are screwy with respect to where a call originates and where the other party is during the call.

It should be up to us, the end users, to determine whether the recording is legal and the phone should be capable of recording the conversation. I don't like that the phone is crippled with respect to recording a call. Let me make the choice.

I knew some states required it. I'm not saying I think it's right, but I knew I remember hearing something about it being a law for all parties to consent.

When must you get permission from everyone involved before recording?

Twelve states require the consent of every party to a phone call or conversation in order to make the recording lawful. These "two-party consent" laws have been adopted in California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington (Hawai'i is also in general a one-party state, but requires two-party consent if the recording device is installed in a private place). Although they are referred to as "two-party consent" laws, consent must be obtained from every party to a phone call or conversation if it involves more than two people. In some of these states, it might be enough if all parties to the call or conversation know that you are recording and proceed with the communication anyway, even if they do not voice explicit consent. See the State Law: Recording section of this legal guide for information on specific states' wiretapping laws.

Recording Phone Calls and Conversations | Digital Media Law Project

snc0921

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone with Root De La Vega to preserve the Knox flag for warranty purposes .. then I installed Xposed with the Wanam module and enabled the hidden built in system call recording and it worked perfectly.

It sounds involved, but it's worth it for a whole lot of advantageous reasons including the call recording.

Where does the phone store the recording???? I loaded up the Wanam Module with Xposed but can't find the recording.

Jordan Hickin

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
What setting do you have it on;. I have tried recording using Samsung Call Recorder on my note 3 and i get nothing either just my voice or a load of crappy noise

Jelly Belly

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Does this work after KK or does it just record white noise like all the rest now?

This is the one thing keeping me from upgrading to 4.4

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

Last night I watched a recent episode of The Good Wife here in London. Apparently in Chicago you need both parties consent, but they were in New York where a recorded conversation is admissible in court if one party consents. A great scene in a hotel with Eric Bogosian and the great scatty red head lawyer who was nominated for an Emmy as supporting actress.
I'm going off on one. 'S all I know. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

simonfoy

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't either. I have emailed the developer to ask why and if he does anything that does work with the Note 3. Will let you know if they reply.