THINGS THAT I MISS- switching to Note 3 from iphone.

ScottJohn10

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
All in all, I absolutely love my new Note 3. iphones were the only smartphones I ever owned, so this was a huge leap for me. There's been a learning curve, but I'm loving this Android phone more and more each day.

There are a few features that I was used to that I miss on this phone. I'm wondering if it's just a simple setting or if there's an app to correct them.

For starters, in the stock text messaging app, I miss how the iphone would show you who texted you with a banner across the lockscreen. And would light up. Thois phone does neither. And even if I get a text and open my phone, there's nothing there except a little '1' over the message icon. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, still in the text message app, if you'd get other texts while you were texting someone else, there would be a little 1 or 2 next to the word 'Message' on the upper left of the iphone. I have seen nothing on this phone to indicate that I've received other texts.

Lastly, is there a way to do a fast scroll to the top or bottom of a page? With the iphone, you could touch the top of the screen and a web page would quickly go back to the top. If you have several thousand pictures, is there a way to get to your old ones fast?

Thanks for any help. I really appreciate it.

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Also an ex iPhone user.

1. Notifer pro, (same banners as iPhone) free version to try. I also have dynamic notification. Good for the lock screen. Try floating notifications for something unique.

2 not sure what you mean, but if you use the above you will get notifications whilst using message

I currently run all 3 whilst I decide which I prefer.

3. Depends on the browser, I think opera auto scrolls to the bottom or up if you do it fast, boat ( my preferred choice at the moment) had gesture options to go to top or bottom.

In other apps there is usually a invisible scroll bar to the right that let's you quickly scroll ..... This I think is app specific.

Lastly on the topic of text I would recommend trying chomp | messages +, seem more similar to iPhone options plus option to quick reply etc.

njspeedbeast

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
It seems message preview isn't on by default on the Note. Open messages>settings>more. You can turn on preview messages. It'll now show up on the notification bar and lock screen

Posted via Android Central App