Note 3 Forum division by Carrier

Clickbeast

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I disagree, not enough traffic on this subforum to lead to a further fragmentation. Then you'll have doubles/triples of common posts, each with 1/2 or 1/3 or less of the replies.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. With over 900 posts I think that would make it more device specific and we might actually see the important things in the thread for our device.

Posted via Android Central App

Clickbeast

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I disagree. With over 900 posts I think that would make it more device specific and we might actually see the important things in the thread for our device.

Right now, 2 pages and you see 95% of the threads posted in a single day. If we split it into T-Mobile / AT&T / Verizon / Internationals, we're talking about half a page PER DAY of posts.

Are you really missing "important things" just because there's 2 pages per day? :3

J HighNote

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
How can we get the forums split between carriers for the Note 3 like the Note 2 was or is that not a good idea?
The forum did that with the original Note, it was a brand new awesome device and got a whole lot of traffic and then they made it separate by carrier. Still, there are issues, ideas, solutions, and questions that are common to everyone so I'm sure if it's split up, we'll miss a lot more than if the forum stays united. Just MHO.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
This may be a little pompous to say but yes. Stuff I post has gone unanswered because it was pushed off the page so fast by new stuff.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I agree. For example someone could post something about a case and then when I go to the site it says only for this certain carrier. Many cases don't fit Verizon editions of phones. Same for batteries.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk now Free

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I agree. For example someone could post something about a case and then when I go to the site it says only for this certain carrier. Many cases don't fit Verizon editions of phones. Same for batteries.

I don't think that this is the case for the Note 3 as much as it was for some other phones. Other than carousel scrolling and carrier specific apps, there aren't major differences between the Note 3 devices across the carriers. I prefer one forum for a device rather than separate forums for each carrier's version of the device.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Its simple really.

If the majority of the posts are truly carrier specific then split them. If not, then one forum will suffice.

In my experience with the Note 2 forums, the vast majority of posts in the carrier subforums should have been in the main forum.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that this is the case for the Note 3 as much as it was for some other phones. Other than carousel scrolling and carrier specific apps, there aren't major differences between the Note 3 devices across the carriers. I prefer one forum for a device rather than separate forums for each carrier's version of the device.

First Look at batteries tells me there is enough difference. I prefer seperate. Alright then.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
First Look at batteries tells me there is enough difference. I prefer seperate. Alright then.

So for that one post about the T-Mobile N3 battery (for example) in the T-Mobile Note 3 Forum, there will be ten or more other posts in the same forum that have nothing to do with the T-Moblie variant because people are too lazy to post it in the right forum.

Take a look at any of the Samsung Carrier subforms and its the same story.

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it makes more sense to separate. The post are getting to be to many & the differences are starting to turn into a waste of time. Besides more than half are just Jelly Bean/TW related post & questions. At the beginning of my S3 & Note 2 experience I visited the other carriers for a while, but did not really help that much.

I say we split! Everybody close your eyes & I will snap my fingers & .... Wha Lah ... Did it happen :p

BTW ... when we split this forum will still be here in tact!

Cheers, Jon

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
So for that one post about the T-Mobile N3 battery (for example) in the T-Mobile Note 3 Forum, there will be ten or more other posts in the same forum that have nothing to do with the T-Moblie variant because people are too lazy to post it in the right forum.

It makes total sense for me to not be interested in a note 3 t mobile version topic when I have verizon.

Another example I'll give you. Verizon note 2 didn't have blocking mode. As a Verizon user I don't need to see squat topic about blocking mode when I don't have blocking mode. T mobile did I believe. At&t did I believe.

jamesish

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

But to give you a more direct response plenty of people willing to be a free moderator. Let them move topics and such.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
How can we get the forums split between carriers for the Note 3 like the Note 2 was or is that not a good idea?

That is what they did with the Galaxy S4, carrier specific forums. BTW, I need to change my nickname too.. I had an S4, but since Tmobile was only offering the 16gb I returned, and waited. While waiting for the S4 32gb the Note 3 came on with a splash.. My nickname will be reading "cehowardNote3" in a couple days.. Oh boy..:cool:

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Well if not split topic.. How about make it a rule to put the carrier in the subject line. .example
Verizon**my note 3 blah blah blah blah

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781